Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Page 1

I was checking out my music folder on my iPad, and I realized it was telling. I realize that many of you probably have your music apps broken out into several folders, but I keep all of mine in one. It's 8 pages deep, but that's how I do it. Here's what I have. Would love to see yours.

Comments

• I have zero folders. My dock consists of AB, Audio Share, Auria, BM2, Loopy and Safari.

I then go by synths, drums, FX, midi apps like thesys and littlemidi...and whatever else.

• I have folders in my dock...

• Synths, Utils, Recording, Controllers, Drum machines, Music Theory, Sequencers

• Probably will change "Synths" to "Instruments"

• That's pretty cool @funjunkie27. I like to keep my iPad pretty Spartan in terms of apps I own v apps I keep on my iPad. ADD, whatever you want to call it, I has it bad. I need to keep myself focused, so I only keep the essentials. Not insinuating at all that any of the apps you have are less than essential.

• @fjcblanco pics or it didn't happen. ;-)

• My name is mister-rz and I'm an appoholic, first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, I've got 3 audio folders on my dock all 8 pages deep, 3 more folders on my home screen not quite as full apart from my experimental apps and then all sorted other random music folders. I try to keep organised by usage, but most of my newer purchases go to the last page of each particular folder.

I tell myself, use what you've got, you have more than enough, then things like cyclops land, but the upside of being a hamster on a wheel is I get a good creative workout and exercise constantly checking my appshopper app, my index finger on my right hand is buff, thinking about getting into hand modelling. First 3 folders are my dock, last 3 home screen.

• @boone51 - I'll admit that not all are essential, but I do try to keep enough space for projects and recordings....plus I haven't bothered to prune it for some time. I'm able to find what I'm looking for most of the time, although I've had to resort to the search bar on occasion.

• I've got folders for synths, instruments (e.g.Thumbjam), samplers, FX and rhythm. I get confused where to put apps like Gadget though, as it could go in any of them.

• edited April 2015

@boone51 said:
    fjcblanco pics or it didn't happen. ;-)

Ok. Let me some time...Emmm ¿How do I may add an image?

• 2 folders: Sounds & FX....all my creative apps ie: Samplr/Gadget/Audioshare/Audiobus etc...sit on the home page.

Simple & Clean

• edited April 2015

This is me. Spartan as well. I only use my ipad in 2 ways:

Live rig:

AB based with Samplr, Sunrizer, turnado and loopy hd and...

Sampling rig:

anytune -> Audioshare -> Samplr or

Synth (xynthesizer driven) -> loopy -> Audioshare -> samplr for tasty Arps.

So I basically only use around 10apps regularly with occasional Gadget instant fun.

• @fjcblanco said:
    Ok. Let me some time...Emmm ¿How do I may add an image?

Take a screenshot (power+home button) and then tap "Attach a File" below. It should open your camera roll.

• ^^^ to open attached image (if you're having trouble like I usually do) long press on the small image and select: open in a new tab.

• edited April 2015

Thanks, @supadom. I'm quite intimidated for such clean layouts (pure envy!). :)

• @monzo said:
    I've got folders for synths, instruments (e.g.Thumbjam), samplers, FX and rhythm. I get confused where to put apps like Gadget though, as it could go in any of them.

Baisically same here. Then, on my dock I have AB, Audioshare and one folder with the stuff I use most often. Stuff not in folders is stuff I'm using more at the moment—or want to (in addition to the regulars in the dock). Apparently I'm really into S apps lately.

• @syrupcore said:
    Baisically same here. Then, on my dock I have AB, Audioshare and one folder with the stuff I use most often. Stuff not in folders is stuff I'm using more at the moment—or want to (in addition to the regulars in the dock). Apparently I'm really into S apps lately.

Jealous of your little keys icons, but will steal your 'surfaces' idea. Nice.

• Why are you keeping all the S apps out of folders? @syrupcore that IS slightly worrying.

• Yeah, seems odd right? Just happens to be what I've been using lately.

• @fjcblanco said:
    Thanks, supadom. I'm quite intimidated for such clean layouts (pure envy!). :)

I think it is mostly lack of funds for larger storage rather than cleanliness. I'll accept the compliment gracefully though ;)

• Thanks everyone. This turned out to be even more fascinating than I thought it would be. Very cool.

• Here's mine

image.jpg 1011.6K
  • This is my page 2 where I try to fit all the creative stuff

• edited April 2015

Weird aspect ratio and no music apps, you must be on android

• @firejan82 said:
    This is my page 2 where I try to fit all the creative stuff

That is a serious collection. I'm feeling a twinge of app-envy, and off to buy Cyclop very shortly...

• @monzo Yeah I can't help myself. Cyclop is cool but I don't feel it's must have. Not as much as for example iMS20 or Animoog. Also I have a feeling that most of the impressive dubstep wobble sounds I hear come from either Massive or FM8 and can't be done in Cyclop - I could be wrong about that.

• @firejan82 said:
    Cyclop is cool but I don't feel it's must have. Not as much as for example iMS20 or Animoog. Also I have a feeling that most of the impressive dubstep wobble sounds I hear come from either Massive or FM8 and can't be done in Cyclop

Ah right. I'm not a huge fan of the dubstep, I quite liked Cyclop's industrial sounding noises more. Still on the fence with this one. I've got Massive on the Mac, I should use that more really.