Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria plug-ins question

I bought Auria a few days ago and am now looking at the plug-ins that are available for it. Am I right in thinking that they will only work inside of Auria itself ?

I noticed 'Turndao' showed up as if it weee a 'native' plug-in.

cheers !

Comments

• Yes the native Auria plug ins only work in Auria.

Turnado and Wow will automatically be unlocked as Auria plugins if you already own the regular iOS versions. AFAIK they are the only ones that do this, for example Jamup would have to be bought twice if you wanted to have it in Auria as well as the standalone.

• @richardyot

Cheers, I thought that was the case, thanks for the confirmation. I think 'Volcano' beckons...

• We are also hoping they will do the same for Jamup Pro since it is both an IAP and a standalone app.

• If they ever do it for jamup, with IAP's included, that will be cool because then you have tons of funky delays, etc. You still do with audiobus or IAA but it would be cool to have them as native.

• @Igneous1 Vocano is, you know, the, er, well, the sparkly twinkly thing. Very good stuff.

• I've got my eye on that one as well...

• I think Timeless2 is for you! You play lots of guitar & bass.

• Timeless is awesome in its wonderful way, but the Volcano can rub you with the full joy naughty gloves...

• edited April 2015

Just buy both! Beauty competition!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Timeless is awesome in its wonderful way, but the Volcano can rub you with the full joy naughty gloves...

Wow, full joy naughty gloves? Gotta get some of those! Do they work in gadget as well?

• Well naughty gloves or nay, I think (on reflection) 'Timeless' may be more my thing. I'm going to see if Turnado's filterings are interesting enough to st aside 'volcano' - I hate buying apps that I don't end up using. I've done that far too much on the Desktop side of things...'

• edited April 2015

@Kaikoo said:
    I think Timeless2 is for you! You play lots of guitar & bass.

Thanks, just had a look at some vids - does the iPad version have the same number of controls as the desktop version? Can't find many ipad vids, but it looks amazing in the desktop version.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Timeless is awesome in its wonderful way, but the Volcano can rub you with the full joy naughty gloves...

Now you're talking...similar question to above though, I can't seem to find many iPad demos...

• edited April 2015

@monzo,

You can download (desktop) demos from their site to try out, thats what I'm doing:

http://www.fabfilter.com/download/

• @Igneous1 said:
    monzo,

You can download (desktop) demos from their site to try out, thats what I'm doing:

http://www.fabfilter.com/download/

Ooh great, thanks - be interesting to know how they compare to the app versions.

• Frankly speaking, my Wow filter sounds better than Volcano, I got them all!

• That's the thing with the naughty gloves, every man must find the ones that fit him best.

• edited April 2015

Wow!! Is this ^ machine new? Does it have usb?

@JohnnyGoodyear, I'm glad there are people like you on these forums! A good sense of humour! (Or sense of humour period!). :-) We should enjoy ourselves and have fun! :-))

Re: Fabfilter, once you get one, you'll want/buy them all.. That's what happend to me anyway. :p

Then once you have them you'll probably move on to the others or vice versa. Being serious about Auria (for me) means having it all..

(Anyway, is that machine in the AppStore, please send link!)

• Does the device measure anything else, scientifically?

• @richardyot said:
    Does the device measure anything else, scientifically?

Naughtiness. When I tried it the result was 'not very'.

• @KING777 said:

Re: Fabfilter, once you get one, you'll want/buy them all.. That's what happend to me anyway. :p

Then once you have them you'll probably move on to the others or vice versa. Being serious about Auria (for me) means having it all..

I just bought Pro-Q, and next will be Pro-C, closely followed by Timeless 2, and Saturn. Maybe when Auria Pro is finally released, Fabfilter will have an IAP plugin sale (dreaming now...)

• Well after considerable deliberation, I went for 'Timeless' - I've always had a penchant for delays, so I felt this one would be more of interest , over time.
    I also bought the 'GoldenGlue' impulses for the convolution reverb, which are very interesting sounding.
    Lastly I bought 'ReTune', which was a mistake, not terribly good on initial listenings...

I should say I was initially surprised with the decidedly 'non retina' graphics on some parts of Auria (applies to the plug-ins too), but I got over that. So far I've found it to be very stable, which is the main thing.

• edited April 2015

@Igneous1 said:

I should say I was initially surprised with the decidedly 'non retina' graphics on some parts of Auria (applies to the plug-ins too), but I got over that. So far I've found it to be very stable, which is the main thing.

The main window looks like open-source software from the 90's. A shame really as it obviously has a lot of powerful features. I haven't really used it yet - probably the interface puts me off a bit but I'll get into it eventually.

• Auria Pro

• edited April 2015

@KING777 said:
    Auria Pro

I don't mind the current mixer section in Auria, and the new version looks nice. They've changed to a flat design, same with the wave track view - but it still looks a bit cheap, particularly the top section. Could do better.

• Looks fine to me, I like the utilitarian look, it's the pixelation of the current graphics that was a bit of a surprise to me.

• edited April 2015

I posted a link to the Auria page here, had a message saying 'will be posted after review', or something. So you may see a post (later) that I did earlier :)

It must be because I posted a link for another website. In this case Auria. Understandable..

Anyway, over there you can see a few more pics, if you want.

• @Igneous1 said:

>

Lastly I bought 'ReTune', which was a mistake, not terribly good on initial listenings...

Ouch, there are times when "use the search function" is not just being obnoxious on a message board. That plugin used to come with auria and was removed because it's so bad. You may be able to get a refund. I'm not sure why it's still available.

You will like timeless though, so that will at least get your mind off of retune...

• edited April 2015

While Retune ain't no Melodyne, it's no worse than any other vocal tuning FX available on iOS. I've compared it to VocaLive, Singaling, Vio, TC Helicon and Autotune - they're all pretty poor so I actually use Retune more than the others. The Autotune one (supposedly powered by Antares) is the worst, it's not tuned to standard tuning, so it will actually create out-of-tune performances.

• @richardyot said:
    While Retune ain't no Melodyne, it's no worse than any other vocal tuning FX available on iOS. I've compared it to VocaLive, Singaling, Vio, TC Helicon and Autotune - they're all pretty poor so I actually use Retune more than the others. The Autotune one (supposedly powered by Antares) is the worst, it's not tuned to standard tuning, so it will actually create out-of-tune performances.

hmmm...... I've got all the above except Retune. Always shied away from it due to unglowing reviews. But, those are good points about it @richardyot. I may give it a try.

• Yes, regarding ReTune - mea culpa. I should have searched here (I usually do). It's not the end of the world and considering I bought Auria at half-price it's okay.
    Surprised it's still in their shop, mind.