Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 8.3 out!

mmpmmp
edited April 2015 in General App Discussion

downloading now...

Comments

• edited April 2015

made my day! That is my most awaited software (update) this year along Auria Pro :)

• Wow, no pressure Apple, may this be no pear

• huh, I was just on, and didn't see an update. checkin again.

• So far so good...
    The 1st Gen Mini remains to be updated (will do that after all my other gear is uptodate).

• Anyone have any opinion on this yet?

• Yeah go on, who's diving in first?

• Updated, but won't have time to test until tomorrow I'm afraid.

• i had too live such an awful long time with this shameful scrollview bug...i'll survive a day longer :)

• edited April 2015

Don't know, if this says much - but I am able to duplicate a gadget-track with one single note in phoenix (standard-template) 36 times without hickups or crackles. With more tracks it starts to crackle at loop-start. (on ipad air 2 in flight-mode)

• updated to 8.3 , have air 2. Just did some things and I experienced that in Audiobus with Garageband in the output slot, the Audiobus sidebar in Garageband doesn't respond. Its there, but its frozen. If I put Multitrack Daw in the output slot the sidebar does function as it should.

• @Marcel said:
    updated to 8.3 , have air 2. Just did some things and I experienced that in Audiobus with Garageband in the output slot, the Audiobus sidebar in Garageband doesn't respond. Its there, but its frozen. If I put Multitrack Daw in the output slot the sidebar does function as it should.

Looks like we're going to have to wait for an update for GarageBand. I cannot really comment on this much more but hopefully it doesn't take Apple too long to do this.

• Their servers must be hammered. It says 9 hours remaining for the 1.88GB download.

• Woooo, things are running a lot smoother, gadget is back for me, animoog doesn't seem quite so crashtastic, altho it did crash once, did a chain in ab, beathawk into turnado and flux, system output, didn't hear any glitches, my ipad speaker did grunt like a pig tho at one point, need to test stuff out some more, but I'm very happy at this point.

• @Beatschlumpf said:
    Don't know, if this says much - but I am able to duplicate a gadget-track with one single note in phoenix (standard-template) 36 times without hickups or crackles. With more tracks it starts to crackle at loop-start. (on ipad air 2 in flight-mode)

The exact sort of tests worth doing for comparing devices and OSes. I'll try the same on my iPad 3 ios 7 later and we can have a laugh together.

• 30+ tracks in gadget... In edit view, no glitches :) I was not expecting that today! Damn I have just bought some great games to play through while waiting!

• In the forever-downloading queue but was born to do that so no worries. While waiting what are these great games you speak of @skoptic? Haven't bought a game in an age, maybe now's a good time....anyone else, with off-topic thoughts while we wait for the wonder (my lips, His ears) of 8.3?

• @skoptic said:
    30+ tracks in gadget... In edit view, no glitches :) I was not expecting that today! Damn I have just bought some great games to play through while waiting!

perfect.installed fine,going to test now...

• ...about 4 minutes remaining....about 3 minutes remaining.....about 2 minutes remaining....about 4 minutes remaining...

• Well, still have the scroll thingie in Auria. Maybe should try a fresh boot....

• Gadget's not working at all now for me - crashes on startup. Trying a reboot...

• @JohnnyGoodyear - sorry not followed that one as close - What's the best way to test Auria for scroll bug?

• Scroll with it.

• I've been scrolling with it with Gadget mini retina = full joy.

• Gadget working beautifully after reboot, looks like it'll cope with anything I can throw at it. Haven't used Auria much but seems to be working smoother than I remember. GarageBand is completely borked in Audiobus - can't record at all with it now.

• I know AB just got updated so maybe that but all my apps that were greyed our now all appear with tap to load and the presets load really quickly.

• The Auria scroll bug was primarily (only?) with the Air 2. I'd like to hear from folks who are using other than Gadget if 8.3 fixes any other glitchiness in more complex Audiobus chains that you might have been experiencing. Do tell if so.

• Aura scroll bug seems gone from Auria on my Air2. Just tried it on a notoriously difficult song with 21 tracks, automatic and effects including Bias. Actually, my who system seems faster.

• Just don't smash it into the amp stack @Trentsongs ;-) ;-) ;-)

• edited April 2015

I can't record into Multitrack Daw (in the output slot of Audiobus, or as standalone). I have Air 2 with iOS 8.3

• edited April 2015

@Trentsongs Interesting. I have an Air1. Maybe this is where the two will begin to really separate. We'll see.