Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iDensity 2

no release date yet but looks good

Comments

• Wow. This looks interesting!

• Nice graphics!

• edited March 2015

Almost seems self explanatory. I'd say that's a good sign. Man, I hope it doesn't come out until just after Auria Pro drops. I'm still saving for that.

• Sounds like he's gonna submit in a few days... I originally sprang for iPulsaret instead of this, but yeah...

• Care to comment on iPulsaret? What are pro/con of the two?

@taroface said:
    Sounds like he's gonna submit in a few days... I originally sprang for iPulsaret instead of this, but yeah...

• imo, iDensity is way more usable than iPulsaret. iPulsaret is kinda cool as an effect in Audiobus for sound design stuff. But yeah, even in that context, I'd consider iDensity way more usable and easy to understand.

• I wanted iPulsaret for the keyboard. Plus it has Trainlet Partials. But to be honest I haven't gotten much use from it yet...

• edited March 2015

I had iPulsaret and deleted it, struggled to get anything decent sounding out of it, and it glitched on my iPad 2

• @monzo Hmmm. Interesting. I would have thought iPulsaret might have been in the sweetspot of your wheelhouse...maybe worth looking at again now you're driving a souped-up rod etc.

• edited April 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    monzo Hmmm. Interesting. I would have thought iPulsaret might have been in the sweetspot of your wheelhouse...maybe worth looking at again now you're driving a souped-up rod etc.

That's what I thought, that it'd be right up my car park, but it never bought a ticket. Biggest issue was the crackles and pops, but even when it wasn't glitching the sounds I was getting were very drab and carpety. Could be down to my old pad, but to be honest I've got a ton of other apps to do this sort of thing now.

• edited April 2015

@monzo said:

The developer said that updates for iPulsaret and Stria are also coming over the next few months, Apefilter is next. Hopefully the updates will sprucen them up from the carpet department to the next floor.
    I find they're great apps for sound design, but I think the updates are well needed to give them a refresh.

• @monzo said:

This is puzzling (especially for you :(.

I know I keep saying it (man in desert: water), but 8.3?

• Just updated in the app store :)

• edited April 2015

I like the look of this - does anyone know how much the IAP for the '4 granular streams' costs? It's not listed on the store.

It does have a look of Borderlands about it - functionality wise - is there much difference? I'm a bit concerned I've got an awful lot of stuff like this already...

• It's £2.99 to unlock the full version IAP.

• @Oblique said:
    It's £2.99 to unlock the full version IAP.

Thanks!

• @monzo Can never have enough madness custard.

• Nice update, kind of Soundscape vs. Borderlands, until...... Glitchfest..... Graphic Glitchfest!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    monzo Can never have enough madness custard.

You first, I'm already in the doghouse after buying Auria...

• edited April 2015

like Tom Ellard said- this thing- like Soundscaper- could easily get you an arts grant back in 1970-

• do the streams sync with each other, time stretch ?

• is there a way you can change the colour scheme to dark like in some of the photos on the app store and online video demo?

• Looks like it's just gone on sale, with a quid off.

• @Flo26 said:
    Go to settings.you'll find this at the end of the page.

great thanks, I was finding the white a bit too intense :)

I updated from idensity 1 and the presets were all blank. I've reinstalled and it's all working now in case anyone does the same.

• Love this app and update so much!

• On sale....and I just completed the bundle yesterday, as I already had Stria ha!

• Love the interface improvements and makes a good companion to Borderlands in audiobus.

It says in the user guide that you can't sync to an external midi clock but can receive midi cc messages. So in theory could you send cc messages from an external app which is synced with an external clock thus creating basic bpm synced actions?

Haven't tried this kind of thing yet but I'm sure others will have a better idea if that works ;)

• @Carnbot said:
    It says in the user guide that you can't sync to an external midi clock but can receive midi cc messages. So in theory could you send cc messages from an external app which is synced with an external clock thus creating basic bpm synced actions?

Yeah you should be able to do that. If the samples loaded in iDensity are tempo-specific, you can also do the math and figure out the exact ratio for them to play at to match a bpm.

I have to repeat, I am really loving this update. Probably a top 5 app for me.

• Is it worth buying if you already have Borderlands and effects such as Dedalus?