Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Price drops on some Arturia apps

iProphet and iMini are 50% off. Hopefully iSem is next :)

Comments

• Yup. All of them got dropped back down from $20 to $10. They were $10 for the longest time but Arturia recently bumped them up to $20. Now they are back down again. :-)

• iSem also reduced. I'm tempted to get at least one of 'em, but isn't there some issue with Arturia apps?

• edited March 2015

Whatever the issues, these three are all outstanding apps. I have and love them all and in spite of perhaps a bad rap over one thing or another these three work very well for me. Lots of great sounds for just 30 bucks!

• Get iSEM before iMini in my opinion.

• iSEM > iMini

all day

• Well I definitely gonna pick up iSem. I'm thinking iMini as well unless there is a reason not to or go with something else. By the way these iOS synths run at 32bit eh?

• Cant really see it mentioned anywhere. I guess 32bit. I will wait to see if they hit $5 again. No rush or hurry. I have the desktop versions of the, The oberheim emulator is best IMO.

• Anyone really like iProphet? What do you like about it?

• Well I prophet sounds just beautiful alone or through any of my effects apps. Some real sweet full sound come from it. This is a great big synth to have hours of fun with I find. Very stable and good looking also. The vector stick yields interesting blends depending on the sounds chosen.

• I have iSEM and iMini. iMini has a fe issues, and isn't AB compatible so I'd personally go for iSEM

• Imini is audiobus compatible

• All good apps, each has its distinctive sounds

• @Lacm1993 said:
    Imini is audiobus compatible

Hmmm...on my Air 2 iOS 8.1.1 it wasn't appearing in the app list, but by starting it up first I can now load it in.

• Fwiw iMini is able to load the Arturia Mini V preset banks, but iSem isn't able to load SEM V banks... iSem comes with more presets to begin with.

• iMini has had some other minor bugs that go back to the fall 2014. Some of it was fixed with the last update. According to the last correspondence I had with Arturia tech support, the iMini developer, Retronyms, is working on the next update that will address the known bugs. There is no timeframe for when the update will be ready.

• @Coloobar said:
    Fwiw iMini is able to load the Arturia Mini V preset banks, but iSem isn't able to load SEM V banks... iSem comes with more presets to begin with.

Thats pretty cool. How do you load them on the ipad? I guess iTunes file copy?

• Someone recommended Addictive synth over iProphet and the former is half the price. I guess the update/price drop on Arturia's stuff is more related to recent iOS 8 compatibility?

• Get them both if they are on sale, they are worth it .I like Addictive but do not use it as often as iprophet but mostly because iprophet is more fresh in the app list.

• edited March 2015

@telecode101 said:
    Thats pretty cool. How do you load them on the ipad? I guess iTunes file copy?

Youll need iFunbox:
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/120098/#Comment_120098

• @Pianokey88 said:

Retronyms, is working on the next update that will address the known bugs. There is no timeframe for when the update will be ready.

shiver

• @markk said:
    iSem also reduced. I'm tempted to get at least one of 'em, but isn't there some issue with Arturia apps?

ISem by a country mile. No issues (it's the one buikt by the NLog developer, not Retronyms).

• Got iSem, it's great. Hemming and hawing over iMini. Hopefully a sale on Animoog soon.