Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 2: sync imported loops?

So far this app's drum pad feature seems to be just what I was looking for to do live midi triggering of samples and loops. But one thing I've not yet found through tutorials - does it have the ability to sync imported loops (just like Loopy)?

Comments

• "just like Loopy" ? Do you mean Live-Audio looping? or going into the drum pad editor and using the Chop lab on a pre-existing recording? one you just recorded into an audio track? I don't understand the Q.

• If you mean does it time stretch and automatically tempo sync? Then no. You have to go into the chop Lab and manually timestretch.

• @BvsMV said:
    If you mean does it time stretch and automatically tempo sync? Then no. You have to go into the chop Lab and manually timestretch.

Yes, that's what I meant, thanks. Most of my use live will be triggering one-shot samples, but if it also functioned as Loopy (even just in terms of syncing) that would've been great for some things. No big deal - I can just use Loopy and my Blueboard. Hardware-wise I had been looking at a Roland SPD-SX to do both things, but thought hey if I can use my old Octapad and a sample-playing app then I'd save $900. If I have to use two apps to do do things it's still worth saving that cash. ;)

• I believe Electrify NXT does sync loops to tempo via semi-realtime timestretch. There are other apps that sync loops to tempo but with pitchshift instead of timestretch, like Sector.