Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I asked Apple to scold them.

• edited March 2015

no more support for the app.

• Nice find, thanks, nice app too, quality sound.

• edited March 2015

I can not get it to work correctly.

• edited March 2015

Deleted the app it does not work properly and no support.

• I just need to take an old guitar and rout out a space for the pad.

• Ahhh, just giving OMGuitar another whirl then,

• Unfortunately, Pearl Guitar has not been updated to the latest Audiobus.

• Not free Downunder

• Not free in germany

• @obiwahnkentobi that was a very quick one :( I was lucky to grab a copy

• edited March 2015

So this app is no longer supported and thus free. Glad I did not pay for it. I see that it was sold much like Alchemy, I hope it is not a trend!

• @tritonman
    why not longer supported? can still buy it for 5,99€ here....

• @obiwahnkentobi said:
    tritonman
    why not longer supported? can still buy it for 5,99€ here....

Dev on twitter says it's no longer one of their apps, it's not even listed on the Amidio website. The internal recorder doesn't work either, exported wavs to Audioshare are corrupted & crash it.

• edited March 2015

zCage seems to have bought out most of Amidio's apps...just not Pearl Guitar.

• I have no idea why it is not supported but I am guessing the fact that the developer says he no longer supports it was a dead give away.

• There is a strange workaround for the file recorder and export. When I tried it the normal way the files wouldn't play in the app and the files did strange things when they were exported into AudioShare.

When I hit the reverse button in the app then the files would play in the app, but they were of course playing in reverse. When I then reversed them again they played just fine in the original direction and they then exported normally into AudioShare.

That works for me with an Air 1 running iOS 8.something. It's too bad that the app has been abandoned. It has a good sound. I like to feed midi into it as use it as a click track.

• @Janie Wow. Now that's good stumbling/sleuthing if one needs/wants to get stuff out.

• Cheers for the heads up. I picked this up while it was still free. Very nice app, I particularly like the sound and the fingerboard thingy on the right hand side, which yields some interesting results when used in conjunction wiht the strumming area.

• Has anyone else been able to get virtual midi in to work?

• MIDI in works here, from GuitarCapo+ on channel 1