Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Laplace and "hyper edit"

I'd like to be able to get Laplace's knobs moving by painting controller change messages in the appropriate editor of an app like Cubasis or Pro Midi. I know Laplace has a midi learn function but I don't have a hardware controller.

Can it be done?

Comments

• Or in MidiSequencer for that matter.

• edited March 2015

Yes, midiSequencer can be setup to send midi CC's (any CC from 0 to 127 on a particular midi channel). You could create a single performance patch with up to 16 controllers(one per step) and then 'play' the CC in realtime using the monitor button. Don't play the sequence, just touch or move the sliders.
    You can also disable notes in the devices so you send CC's only.

• Thanks mS but the problem is that Laplace doesn't tell you what the CC's are. You're supposed to touch a Laplace knob and then twirl a hardware knob so that the knob "learns" that it controls that particular parameter. I've been able to do what you suggest with other synths.

Btw, should I be able to make a single note sustain for the length of a pattern? I've been unable to achieve this so far.

• With mS, it would be a bit slower but you could just press play and have a single CC message sent out while the knob is highlighted. Do that for each knob. It's not ideal but possible.

As far as note sustain, couldn't that be achieved by changing the gate of a note? I know that mS has held long notes for me when I changed the gate (it's per-note so you can choose which notes you want sustained).

• Thanks @CalCutta, I will try that when possible.

Messing with the gate increases the sustain somewhat but I can't remember being able to achieve long sustains.