Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TC-11 2.0

Well I'm really happy to let you all know that TC-11 2.0 is released! It's a free update for all users, and it may as well be a brand new app. The audio engine, patch interface, loading screen, and just about everything else is new. Audiobus State Saving is supported, quick tuning, drag-and-drop controllers, live controller graphs, patch mutation, 300+ controllers and triggers... it's a lot. :)

I'm most proud of the new Patch window. The generic parameter boxes are gone, replaced with a zooming patch object graph with live controller displays, hide-able parameters, custom start / end value sliders, and drag-and-drop controllers.

Tuning is completely redone. You no longer have to suffer through using a Sequencer just to tune your patch! Each oscillator can be tuned, and the entire patch can be tuned with the Transpose functionality.

There's also a new Table module that lets you quickly turn a continuous controller into a discrete series of values. Useful for building scales, or breaking a controller into specific values.

Check out the webpage for screenshots / videos:
http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/instruments/tc-11/

Here are some videos! I got a few more on my YouTube channel you can check out.

Also the app is $5 off for a limited time!

Happy to answer any questions you guys have! Also there is no in-app any reminder to rate the app, so consider this that rare instance that I'll bug you about it. Excited to hear what you all think. :)

Comments

• Granular oscillator :-) Very cool....plus real time feedback!

• Very excited about this. Bang goes my evening.

• Congrats. Look forward to having a noodle about.

• Heading over to the app store as we speak!

• Genuinely exciting news! Well done

• this is going to be my entire weekend

brought up about 10 of my old patches, they all sound identical. that was the main bummer about the Grainbender > Scythe 'update'; even if loading my old patches didn't crash it, they sounded different

tuning looks incredible

thank you

• Damn son ... this update is absolutely stellar

• brought up about 10 of my old patches, they all sound identical. that was the main bummer about the Grainbender > Scythe 'update'; even if loading my old patches didn't crash it, they sounded different

You have -no idea- how happy I am to hear that. It was a massive undertaking to get the 1.0 patches to transfer over to the 2.0 engine.

A few reports have come in that the patch conversion process is crashing for a some users. I'll be checking crash reports to find out what's up. In the meantime, users can move their 1.0 patches out of iTunes File Sharing and it should load fine. (You could probably move them in a few at a time to find which one is causing the issue.)

• Just looking at the patch overview vid and found myself thinking that the dev would be off to Apple's vault or somewhere down in the future-proof bowels of the NSA before we realize that these are indeed the good old days. Superior stuff.

• Myself and and a few others on the iOS Musicians FB page are getting the crash on import...

• In my store .mx is not 5 dlls yet.

• Oh yes oh yes oh yes YES!!

• Thanks so much. This is update is 100% killer. Patches seem to load faster too. The live controller displays & drag-and-drop make tweaking so much more fluid. And granular...!

• Can you add a sample import...with Audioshare support, please?

• I am getting crash on launch/patch conversion

• Thanks ALOT! This is my show off app to impress people immediately :)

• edited March 2015

@BitShapeSoft I've identified 7 patches that were causing crashing. I think most or all were from third party collections that I had downloaded. I have zipped them up and messaged you a download link.

• At first it would crash when it was first loading the v1 presets, shut my ipad down, booted it up, same thing happened, deleted and reloaded from the app store, everything worked fine, wish I'd done a hard reset, just to see if that had worked. Took me a while to figure out that the arrow on the right in the middle was the keyboard/playing surface when editing the sounds, like that you can place it anywhere.

I was having a conversation in an old thread with syrupcore about the v.a.s.t sound engine in older kurzweil synths, we agreed how much potential it had, but how fiddly it was to program and learn, imagined what a new ios version would be like, with a new control scheme to match. Playing with this however just blew me away, the visualisation of what the different parts/modules are doing and the routing is all very intuitive, plus the depth of it, reminds me of my kurz minus the clenching and discovery of new hidden places, everything is far more accessible and easy to understand.

It sounds and looks amazing, very distinctive on any platform, but the ui work of the new update has put me in a happy place as I have a love/hate relationship with synthesis, even though lots of synths and fx's have good visual feedback, this for me feels like new ground, even more so than when it first came out. It's like taking all that complexity and capability and adding an easy access panel that still gives the full range and isn't gimped out. Very tempted by tc-data now, introduce it to my old hardware.

• I've fixed the conversion crash. There will be an update soon (normal update turnaround times apply).

Workaround in the meantime: move your 1.0 patches out of your iTunes File Sharing Documents folder until the update. You'll be able to drop them back in / convert them later.

I'm glad you all like the new UI! Have you all tried dragging controllers from the left bar in landscape orientation? Saves a bunch of taps when you want to assign a controller to a few parameters quickly.

• edited March 2015

I wasn't able to use most of the patches in the old version - far too glitchy on my older pad, even in standalone. Just tried the new version and it seems to be click free so far - even going through an effect in AB. Pleased to see the update has included a performance boost so might be able to use this on some tracks.

• @BitShapeSoft Update looks great thanks, look forward to playing later.

One question, will state-saving be incorporated into TC-Data too? That's my main wish for it.

• Looks great,....Damn, there goes my Auria Pro fund....... :)

• The new editing panel is a big improvement - great update.

• Thanks everyone. :)

I wasn't able to use most of the patches in the old version - far too glitchy on my older pad, even in standalone. Just tried the new version and it seems to be click free so far - even going through an effect in AB. Pleased to see the update has included a performance boost so might be able to use this on some tracks.

Glad to hear it - this is the reason the whole audio / control engine needed a rewrite, and I'm glad to hear it's working for you.

@SpookyZoo said:
    One question, will state-saving be incorporated into TC-Data too? That's my main wish for it.

Me too!

@bennorland said:
    BitShapeSoft I've identified 7 patches that were causing crashing. I think most or all were from third party collections that I had downloaded. I have zipped them up and messaged you a download link.

Got it, fixed the bug, and all patches converted without issue. Thanks for the help! I'll be pushing the update ASAP.

• @BitShapeSoft
    Thanks for the update to say the least. There's nothing like this synthesizer. And thanks for that Transona Lead instrument, the f&%k yeah of my youth

• Are all the v1 presets also included in v2? I found the update kept crashing, so I deleted and reloaded, and works fine now, but not sure all the old presets are there. If not, is there a way to access them?

• Yes, if you delete the app and reinstall you will lose all of your patches, as I did, stupidly, without thinking clearly tonight when the app refused to launch repeatedly. I think I've got some of them backed up somewhere but not totally current. Too bad because that represents a good bit of work.