Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - March

Just over one week to go before this month's deadline. Final submissions on April the 1st, appropriately enough.

Comments

• What? There's another one this month? What? Well, that's it as regards childcare and washing the dog. Time to get out the ukulele.....

• Yep... I had this approaching in the back of my mind.

I'll need to knuckle down this weekend. I might need to do a 1 minute wonder like JGY.

• Does it have to be a full song or is just a groove allowable?
    I know if someone else said this, I would be all, WTF? ...and I would make that signal with my hands that I belong to a gang (which I really don't), but I guess if, "A Horse With No Name" is considered a song then technically a jam session is a song of a sort... I dunno.

Are songs supposed to be linked to in this thread for March?

• @richardyot sets the extremely strict rules I believe. Like a kind of benevolent song club dictator. You'd have to ask him.

• You do know that @richardyot was the basis for Doug Piranha, right?

• Dimsdale.

• Submit what you've got, that's the rule :)

• As usual I have already posted several tracks from March in the Creations thread but here is one that I haven't yet!

It is a doodle I did in Gadget when I had a few spare minutes :)

• edited March 2015

I submit this track:
    https://app.box.com/s/0c7e27lbrc30m5oblj86wwgq5pppq4um

(If you see 'cannot play file' click the arrow down button at bottom of the page)

The name of the track is: Recovery. I recorded it a few days ago. It is completely made on iPad; I used GarageBand, Audiobus, Bias, Flying Haggis, Svep, Echo Pad, Drum Loops HD, Audio Mastering. Not shure yet if I post it on SoundCloud.

It is a guitar track, rocky pop or poppy rock...whatever. I like the chord progression.

It is an instrumental, but as I read that we can submit whatever we've got, I thought: why not.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    As usual I have already posted several tracks from March in the Creations thread but here is one that I haven't yet!

It is a doodle I did in Gadget when I had a few spare minutes :)

These casual buggers who produce an opus in just 'a few minutes' in Gadget. Grrrr. Takes me an hour just to get my courage up.

I know I have a weakness for words, but I wanted to hear some samples at least (if not some full-blown throat singing) on this one. Maybe something more obscure from Bladerunner :)

• Busy weekend ahead what with new TC data and TC-11 updates and THIS...

• Hi @Alterego_UK I really like your track. Nice warm feel to it, sounds very pro.

Which gadgets please? Chiang Mai? Berlin? Others?

• edited March 2015

Hi @Marcel.

Very nice. Beautiful track really. Expertly played and put together as far as I can hear. I'd certainly put it on Sound Cloud if it was me!

Reminds me a little of the Smiths for some reason. The chord progression I think, not the lead part.

Edit: I guess being critical maybe it's a tiny bit too long. But maybe not. And I don't particularly like the abrupt ending.

• @Matt_Fletecher_2000 Thanks :)
    Gadgets used: London, Helsinki, Berlin and Kiev :)

• edited March 2015

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Hi Marcel.

Very nice. Beautiful track really. Expertly played and put together as far as I can hear. I'd certainly put it on Sound Cloud if it was me!

Reminds me a little of the Smiths for some reason. The chord progression I think, not the lead part.

Edit: I guess being critical maybe it's a tiny bit too long. But maybe not. And I don't particularly like the abrupt ending.

Hi Matt, thx for comment and positive qualifications! :) And about the critical part: I understand and agree for the most part: perhaps too long, and the abrupt ending is not ideal. I do fade outs a lot, and wanted to avoid that, I haven't really figured beforehand to do an abrupt end, it just happened, and I kept it that way...but I agree: the abruptness is ...hmm not very nice. However on a lot of tracks there is always someting not too good.

• Ugh, nothing from me this month, work is crazy right now. I haven't created a note and not likely to change. I did mix some live recordings but it's not stuff I am allowed to post. That's all I've had time for musically.

• Loved the chord progressions Marcel!

• Nice piece @Marcel. Good feel and transitions.

• Is this open to all 'bussers or do you need a sponsor, like the Freemasons? I don't want to end up with a coffee table nailed to my head ...

• It's open to all!

As long as you know the secret handshake...

• edited March 2015

@Jocphone and @funjunkie : Good to hear you like it! :) Thanks for positive comments. :)

• An alternate history. Voice recorded with MicSwap into Auria. Music a variety of iOS bits and bobs.

• Very interesting concept, like Alan Moore meets the WWII-era Richard III remake. Wonderful ménage a trois of imagery, words and music. I found the light audio track served to pull me deeper into the narration as the alternate history left the fuzzy "real" history further behind, begging the question, "What is history, anyway?"

Great slice of evocative audio, @JohnnyGoodyear :)

• edited March 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear - Wow, very original and intriguing. Voice, music, footage, a complete sort of narrative poetic documentary work of audio-visual art. Well done! My english is not good enough, so I am missing parts of the meaning of the narration, nevertheless I think the whole project is very good. Hats off.

Something else: I put my track on my Soundcloud page, and altered the end there in a fade out.

• Good stuff Johnny, weird and intriguing. I think one day you are going to have to bite the bullet and sing though, spoken word can only take you so far.

• Couldn't have put it better myself. @Marcel! "Very original and intriguing" @JohnnyGoodyear (unlike my comment! ;) )