Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elastic Drums iPad Version Pre Realese Demo

As far as I know this is now with apple for review, it will cost $9.99 but if you already own Elastic Drums the iPhone version this update is free, and f you don't already own Elastic Drums go and get it now for $7.99 and then you will get this upgrade for free saving you a bit of cash.
http://thesoundtestroom.com/elastic-drums-ipad-version-pre-release-demo/

Comments

• Waiting for iPad version everyday, very good news! thank you Doug

• Sweet as !

• Oh yeah, this is so cool

• Looks so good. I think this app really needed the breathing room

• Finger poised on the update button!

• Purchased!

• Looking forward to this, haven't seen it in the UK store yet though.

• Doug says one week wait!

• It's with Apple for review now

• Thanks for the vid, Doug! I love the move of the dev to upgrade for free! Cheers for that

• When Elastic Drums was released, and the iPad version was announced, I claimed for a movement like TriqTraq, I mean, a free update (even better if it becomes universal).

But, honestly, I said that thinking about one version like a "facetune" of the iphone one, but this is an amazing, redesigned, smart, powerful (you can add everything you want), so looking this pre-release I wouldn't have no problem to paying the full price or a kinf of upgrade (I had ridiculous enough purchasing Easybeats 2/3).

But, making this upgrade free, is just amazing and the only think I can say, almost with tears in my eyes :), is thank you!!!

• Hi there. And thanks again Doug for the great video :-)
    He is right: When you buy the iPhone version now until end of the week, you will get the iPad update / Universal version for free

• edited March 2015

After watching this vid, I finally see why everyone's been on about this app. Thanks, Doug!

@magnum38 mighty generous upgrade path, sir. Thank you and kudos!

• Many thanks to @magnum38 for building an amazing app and welcome to the forum

• Glad to see MIDI clock sync. I hope it can start and stop with external MIDI clock control. That would be great.

• can't wait... and Doug, did the random button bugs get squashed?

• Just wondering if there's there a Swing setting that I'm missing? Thanks.

• @solador78 Yep. It's on the last page at the bottom of the global effects. It's not quite like a normal swing (1-100) but it's there.

• Ok, thanks. Not exactly what I was expecting, but this works.

• The effects sequencing looks great but I can't help feeling underwhelmed by the synth drum sounds.. Not sure why but they all sounded a bit, lifeless.

• edited March 2015

@Jocphone said:
    The effects sequencing looks great but I can't help feeling underwhelmed by the synth drum sounds.. Not sure why but they all sounded a bit, lifeless.

I have the same feeling exactly. It is very true but I just keep my mouth shut! Perhaps developer can have some things to say about Elastic Drum. This is a serious business. I am afraid of talking too much.

• I'm tempted by this one as well. However I feel the same way about the way it sounds. That and it seems like it's all electronic type music.

I already have DM1, which I like, but it clearly could be so much better than it is, especially its MIDI implementation which is just so inconsistent. Elastic Drums looks like it has it beat in a number of ways but there is no acoustic type sounds? Not sure I need yet another app that produces electronic type sounds. Also is there ever going to be any kind of MIDI out support?

I've actually managed to pretty much stop purchasing music apps, and concentrate on the ones I already have, since Christmas but I'm considering making an exception for this one. It would be nice having it on my iPhone as well (I don't have the separate DM1 iPhone app).

• @Paulyboy said:
    However I feel the same way about the way it sounds. That and it seems like it's all electronic type music.

Big fan of some of the sounds like TOM3 over here, but mostly program one drops and things of that nature.

• I think I'll wait for sale before I get this. I already have a few drum apps. Looks interesting though.

• I'm running the iPhone version on my iPad. Looking forward to the iPad version. The layout looks much more accessible in Doug's review which will be nice. I was using it with headphones and it sounded great and then I hooked it up to some decent speaker and things were rattling! I wouldn't consider the sounds lifeless. ;)

• edited March 2015

Anyone expecting authentic, full sounding drums is probably going to be disappointed - this is just as much a synth as it is a drum machine, so isn't going to be as fully-formed as dedicated alternatives.

However, if (like me) you enjoy experimenting and mangling via a fun, unique user-friendly interface that produces very usable results then this is an app you're gonna love.

I eagerly awaited the release of this one and bought it on the day it came out. I'm running the phone version on my iPad, and the only disappoinent I have is glitchy performance (though I'm on an old iPad 2). I still enjoy mucking about with it though and the iPad version looks great.

• Yup got just after release and it is very useful and sounds very life filled,in fact it brings a lot to the table for rhythm sounds and patterns and works great on my air 1! Did I mention how much fun it is? Oh? Well, it is! Looking forward to the update and thanks Doug for another nice video.

• It's not Seekbeats, but it is definitely Elastic Drums.

• @Paulyboy

I think it's worth the punt, when I saw the thread about it on here I avoided it for a few days as I had so many drum apps, but it kept growing, I became curious, so I clicked on it and was really glad I did. It's a very unique app, diversity of sounds and patterns you can get out of it with standard drum sounds is amazing, plus it's enjoyable to use, find it's good for layering over a kick and snare to get interesting grooves going. It can be an app that compliments acoustic drum sounds to give them a bit of spice and even do stuff away from just drums, it's one of those gems that makes me happy having an ipad for leftfield type experimentaeing, which is like experimenting but with added tay.

• @mister_rz said: It can be an app that compliments acoustic drum sounds to give them a bit of spice...

That's the exact reason that made me buy it with Rock Drum Machine 2... unfortunately I can't find how to sync them :(
    Could Midibus be a solution or there's really no way ?