Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA Really Rocks!

Just wanted to say how awesome this Synth sounds live for Worship at Church!
Easy to switch patches, fat analog sounds, lush string pads, just an overall faithful great sounding Synth.
I'm using the MOXF6 as a controller totally bypassing its sounds.
IPad fits perfectly in the middle too. But for the midi cable it works with USB 1.1 type only. Bought two new USB 2.0 midi to Usb adapters from amazon but the motif didn't work with them and the CCK.
Got the EMU XTab midi to USB adapter and it worked perfectly with the iPad CCK and unpowered USB hub.
I love this Synth! Highly recommend for studio and live playing.

Ps tried to attach pic but it was over1m in size.

Comments

• Glad you are experiencing full joy :).

• Yes, been doing a lot more with it myself recently @Musikman4Christ; if you're interested, feel free to snag some of the patches I've been trickling into that other "Zetatron" thread.

I love the flexibility and routing of Z3TA+ in the modulation, 2 filters, 6 envelope and 6 LFO possibilities - not to mention having 6 waveforms to play with each of which can be PWM and FM modulated :-)

If you have the desktop version you can also transfer patches between them too.

What's not good? Still a bit fiddly with cycling through things instead of dropdowns in some places. Also the lack of easily modifiable arps (import only), and I think the filters aren't as rich as they could be, but, those things being said, it's still got such a wide variety of aural possibilities that it's up there on my favorites list too ;-)

• Full joy is the way to go. Bless

• @supadom said:
    Full joy is the way to go. Bless

Leave your money on the dresser mate.

• Thanks !
    MusicInclusive, will check I out. I would like to share my presets also. Not many but they work perfectly for live worship stuff.

JGY, what money? App store took it all...LOL!

• Yea I'm hoping it goes on sale soon. I might just have to pay full price for it

• @Musikman4Christ said:

Ps tried to attach pic but it was over1m in size.

You should try to attach a video or sound file! :)

• I'm a fan of the OSX version. Hence why I haven't bought it yet for iPad. Frankly there are about 10 iOS synths I want but not at the prices they are at now.

• edited March 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Leave your money on the dresser mate.

No money to leave on the dresser nor on the eyes of the dead. Now is the time to live.

• @supadom

No money

to leave on the dresser

nor on the eyes

of the dead

now is the time

to live...

Certainly a start. A chorus maybe. I think we can do something with this...

• Just keep clapping while I am in the other room and don't touch anything.

• ^> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

supadom

No money

to leave on the dresser

nor on the eyes

of the dead

now is the time

to live...

Certainly a start. A chorus maybe. I think we can do something with this...

And thus the Supa Good Year project was born. You might have to pull in our other residing Supa, the talented Mr. Norton :)

• @eustressor nice idea, but while I think @supadom and I would enjoy having dinner together, I've hear he's a very exacting man to work with, doesn't believe in upgrading, and demands things keep in time....

• edited March 2015

Why you people always brag about how good the z3ta+?

I tried to learn it long ago and this app has the tiniest buttons of all ios synths. It is so difficult to use. It is like Thesys Sugar Byte. Both of thier developers only think about porting to milk money. Is that so difficult to have users friendly interface design?

• edited March 2015

A stylus can help @Kaikoo - but I find I can work with it on an iPad mini OK even with fingers. However I understand that doesn't suit everyone. And, yes - I do still hit the odd wrong place...

The real reason people like Z3TA+ is because it is very powerful with a huge aural soundscape. :-) I bought it first on iOS and then (when on sale) for the desktop. Glad to have both :-)

I'm doing most of my sound design on it on the iPad though ;-)

• edited March 2015

Sometimes I've felt the same way. But once you begin to see results...sounds you create and you begin to realize how amazing this synth is. In my case, being a preset kind of musician, i always settle for whatever I'm provided. Well, i finally said enough. So during my breaks and lunch, i begin to create or even improve presets with this synth. The time flies away so fast. I bought this synth at full asking price and sincerely has been the very best IOS synth purchase I've made. The amount of patches available is simply awesome! Also, when it first came out, the patch select screen would not stay open so I asked the Dev to please change where it remains open as this is crucial for playing live. They fixed it and I was blown away at how attentive and responsive they were. There are still a few bugs, like not showing all the presets at first launch, but i don't mind clicking again and there they are.
    That is why we always say how awesome this synth sounds. I was going to put deme audio samples of my string Pads but had that U2 song issue that threw me for a loop.
    If you're on the fence, this synth pretty much is all I'll ever need, unless something revolutionary comes along.

@Kaikoo said:
    Why you people always brag about how good the z3ta+?

I tried to learn it long ago and this app has the tiniest buttons of all ios synths. It is so difficult to use. It is like Thesys Sugar Byte. Both of thier developers only think about porting to milk money. Is that so difficult to have users friendly interface design?

• edited March 2015

Thank you two to reply! I said this is for developers to catch thier eyes. I respect you all talented! So far, I am only loving PPG Wavegenerator. People says how good the Syntorial is. I wondered PPG is a bit of different animal to subtractive. Anyway, Wavegenerator sounds so wild with modulation! Too beautiful the Rauschwerk presets! You love Z3ta+! I love PPG.

• There are some great fee presets available for this synth. I especially like the Muzeum collection

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    eustressor nice idea, but while I think supadom and I would enjoy having dinner together, I've hear he's a very exacting man to work with, doesn't believe in upgrading, and demands things keep in time....

I sound like a good German. I have a friend like you Jonny over here in Oxford (he is a Jonny though). Every time I post something on FB I think of his censorship 'what would he think of that?' Semi-genius, deep into radical politics and word gymnastics. I love that guy, but we wouldn't last an hour in a band together.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Glad you are experiencing full joy :).

Brilliant! It's because he wasn't using gadget. Full joy is good. When I played in my 80's band the other night using sunrizer, I did not have full or even partial joy. I have resolved to only associate with musicians who have joy in their playing. Life's too short for anything else.

• Full Joy

Band name or new dance style?

• Got a link for the museum collection? Thanks!

@JC_vt said:
    There are some great fee presets available for this synth. I especially like the Muzeum collection

• Patch Arena has a bunch of free zeta presets, including muzeum 2:

http://patcharena.com/tag/z3ta/

I've heard the iOS patches and OSX patches are interchangeable?

• TC Data is currently giving me full joy. (Pointed at Gadget, obviously :)).

• I remember downloading some of those presets, but the file extensions where different then the one for the iPad.

• edited March 2015

Here's the complete download list at Patcharena. Most of these should be compatible with the iPad version.

http://patcharena.com/downloads/index.php?subcat=169&ENGINEsessID=58aac85a897678aa1d7baebdf10741d2

• I loaded the Muz3um set into Z3TA+ for the iPad.

To make things easier (and to keep separate from my own User Patches), I created a series of subdirs under the Factory Presets area named, Muz3um_leads, Muz3um_pads, etc.

The MIDI arps I put in the factory MIDI area and the waves I just put under the User Wave area since they were all nicely named.

There are some nice sounds there, although a good number are very similar. Still having the waves there is a good starting point nonetheless and there are some very usable, and of course tweakable ;-) patches in the set.

• edited March 2015

Awesome!
    I knew there is a User Waves folder In there. Weird thing is my current install doesn't have it. I looked in there with ifunbox but couldn't find it. Will follow your steps. Thanks man really appreciate it.

• See my other post about Zetatron @Musikman4Christ, I show screenshots of the correct places for fxp and wav files there in iFunbox

• This is what I ended up with.