Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"new" big GM soundfont found (760mb)

I just stumbled across this soundfont. Check it out:

Download it here (big download!!!): https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2f1uqbzbsmlkx5/CompiFont.sf2?dl=0

Info: http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/forum/thread/279

Comments

• Really big, but really good.

• Right now is down for too much traffic issues, but thanks for sharing!

• Error (509)
    This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

• I've downloaded the soundfont earlier today and succesfully used it in the soundfont player of Multitrsckstudio

• try it again, but still too much traffic....

• Downloaded it yesterday. It did sink the Bismark the first time I used it, after that I had to re-assign it in the app and now it runs normally. Has some very nice sounds, but also some mediocre stuff. I love its 'Tenor Sax New'!

• Downloaded it yesterday. It did sink the Bismark the first time I used it, after that I had to re-assign it in the app and now it runs normally. Has some very nice sounds, but also some mediocre stuff. I love its 'Tenor Sax New'!

• edited March 2015

can someone share another link please?!

please!

• edited March 2015

@mmp, how did you "re-assign" please? Its still crashing for me.
    Update: Progress, now I get a SF loading error msg

• edited March 2015

That's one huge Soundfont :D

Does anyone know if BS-16i loads the entire soundfont into RAM??(I doubt it does 'streaming').

I've been having some 'issues' with my 1st gen iPad Mini (512MB ram with less free when everything is up and running) especially when using 'bigger'(>150MB) soundfonts BS-16i gets 'flushed out from RAM' when switching to other apps, with smaller ~50MB soundfonts no problems. (I even tried lightweight Genome and still BS-16i get's flushed with 'Big' soundbanks 'Small' work just fine).

Sooner or later I'll have to get a new iPad but not just yet...

• edited March 2015

That's one huge Soundfont :D

Does anyone know if BS-16i loads the entire soundfont into RAM??(I doubt it does 'streaming').

I've been having some 'issues' with my 1st gen iPad Mini (512MB ram with less free when everything is up and running) especially when using 'bigger'(>150MB) soundfonts BS-16i gets 'flushed out from RAM' when switching to other apps, with smaller ~50MB soundfonts no problems. (I even tried lightweight Genome and still BS-16i get's flushed with 'Big' soundbanks 'Small' work just fine).

Sooner or later I'll have to get a new iPad bu not just yet...
    (Double post, please delete).

• edited March 2015

@Samu, using iPad Air. And right, I think here was already a discussion about the size of SFs which still works in BS-16i.

• it would be very cool if someone can upload and share another link....thx

• It just worked for me - might for you too - but - again don't want to overload the owner's Dropbox and get them suspended either. If I can find a good place to put it I will and share it from there too. Won't be today though.

• THX, i try in the night and it work now ;-)

• A few soundfonts from here including a nice horror soundfont called DystopianTerra.rar, link is at the bottom of the page http://westgatesounds.net/AnomalySF2/index.html

• edited March 2015

OK. I am in the process of uploading the file to one of my online sharing accounts.

I will email a sharing link to folks who would still like to get it, since I don't want to get that account suspended, and it has a max of 10GB of bandwidth available (I assume monthly !!! :-) )

That would allow me to accommodate a good number of folks, of course :-) So, if you are interested, PM me via the Audiobus message system (please don't just reply in the thread) with an email and I'll send you the folder link.

I had to split it into four pieces because of upload limits, which you can reconnect together.

If you have a Mac you can simply, at a terminal type:

cat x?? > CompiFont.sf2

If you are on Windoze, you can type:

copy/b xaa + xab + xac + xad CompiFont.sf2

at a CMD prompt

• BTW: I assume that there are no copyright issues with any of the sound fonts that were included. I do not support violating copyright, so, if anyone knows of any issues, please let me know - I do not want in any way to distribute copyrighted material and will remove the files if that's in any way the case. I simply put it up as a means of further helping the community here - but I would like any feedback if anyone knows if there are actual problems.

• mmpmmp
    edited March 2015

@helmutmaria
    Sorry I missed your earlier post!

I just reselected the soundfont just as if it had just been downloaded-after the crash it had disappeared from Library #4 where I had assigned it originally, but it was still in the BS16 inbox, so I just reassigned it to Library #4.

Judging from the other reactions here, there may be a memory limitation depending on which iPad is being used...mine's an Air 2