Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 8.3 beta 3 (public beta) fixed glitches in Gadget

Just tested my various glitching songs in the latest beta released the other day, and I'm happy to report that the glitches are 100% gone!

So it seems Apple IS indeed listening :-)

Comments

• Wow, great news! Thanks for the update @Peter321

• Good news, but what device is that @Peter321

• That's great news! I wonder whether there are similar benefits for other apps / combinations of apps. I've been getting a bit bored of my Air 2's insistence that I create glitch music all the time. I've managed to persuade it otherwise, but it's hard work! Sounds like 8.3 might finally enable me to more easily broaden my horizons.

• edited March 2015

Air 2 which has been the most plaqued by this.

• So, when iOS8.3 ships there is no reason not to get the Air 2...
    But if the iOS8.3 release is postponed to after summer I'll wait for Air 'Whatever' :D

• I just did the glitch with 8 tracks of Phoenix playing single notes. This made instant glitches before. Now I'm able to run 25 tracks without glitches. Going beyond that it glitches a tiny bit, but still nowhere near the amount 8 tracks did before, where the sound completely cut out. I have to go to 29 tracks to get that. It's night and day.

• Any help with Animoog?

• Animoog is also my biggest problem child. Years ago there was a time it just works.

• So it's more of an Air 2 issue? I'm a bit wary about installing a beta, any other improvements on the audio front?

• oh my god,is this really true?Do you have a chance to test auria as well @Peter321 ?
    Thank you 1000 times for sharing the info.So, 8.3 beta is available for public,is that true?Where do i have to sign? :)

• @Ringleader provided the link on another thread;

https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Apparently you have to apply and will be chosen depending on your hardware/software specs

• Thanks.After i sign in i only see infos about the yosemite beta.No words about ios.Is there anything else i have to do or just"wait"now?Anyway,if it's really fixed i'll be a very very happy man and can wait until april as well.

• Fantastic news. I'm not feeling all that comfortable being stuck on 7.

• Today is a good day. Thanks for the info.

• I just updated and loaded every gadget I have, which is all but Abu Dhabi, including all the Module gadgets, and it ran fine. Just for fun I kept adding tracks of Phoenix and only got minor glitching around track 29 or 30. Track 31 was starting to struggle, and even then, only when scrolling.

• Wow, that is awesome man. How soon do you guys think it'll be till it gets release?

• @rocco thanks for the info and pleased you included Module...sounds promising.

• Brilliant thanks @Peter321 :) it's nice to see it said again and more explicitly after Rim alluded to it yesterday!

I'm well happy as an air2 owner, but 2nd thing I thought was 'Crabman is going be sooooo happy about this' :)

• @crabman I don't have Auria so unfortunately I can't test that one. But with Gadget it's perfect now :-)

• Are there issues running the latest version of Gadget with 7x? I'm on 7.1.1 and haven't updated Gadget just in case.

• edited March 2015

Tricky question @monzo.

Nothing obvious. But at about 14 tracks it starts to glitch a bit when in the gadget view.

I don't think it used to do this.

Air 1 iOS 7.1

• edited March 2015

@skoptic said:

but 2nd thing I thought was 'Crabman is going be sooooo happy about this' :)

yes,Yes and so much Y.E.S ! :) I'll never ever complain about the Air 2 anymore if the issue is fixed now.I was so angry and disappointed because without the bug it's by far the best ipad i 've ever had (my 5ths).I have a great sunday as you probably can imagine.Even without the 8.3 beta :)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Tricky question monzo.

Nothing obvious. But at about 14 tracks it starts to glitch a bit when in the gadget view.

I don't think it used to do this.

Air 1 iOS 7.1

Thanks Matt. I only get 5 tracks in the iPad 2 anyway.....I think I'll chance it.

• Don't think I've been this excited for an ios update since version 4.

• Here's the performance with 8.3 beta 3

• That's nuts! Thanks for making this vid for the non believers. I believe!

• @supadom said:
    That's nuts! Thanks for making this vid for the non believers. I believe!

On the Road to Dom-ascus indeed...

• So - question - does this fix the mini retina as well or is it only an Air 2 fix?

• And a further question - does this imply better overall audio performance in 8.3 - does it help Audiobus for example? Or IAA?