Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hello Everybody, Take a Moment to Check Out the New TSTR Site

Just to let you know that all the new site work is nearly done but the site is now live and integrates all of the Haq Ataq content. Colin has worked really hard over the last few months putting all this together, there are also some newly posted today videos on there too, but please go and have a look, we really hope that you will be able to find loads of interesting things there for you guys, all the best..Doug
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/

Comments

• edited March 2015

Wingdings version plz.

• I don't mind the Comic Sans but i would strongly suggest moving the Advertising, Reader Comments etc. to the right side of the layout making the site easier to 'read' (We do read from left to right and having the advertising in the left margin is well, not cool).

• Not to be a font geek, but there's a "Helvetica Neue Std" that is awesome looking and very professional. Works very well as a web font, but costs a few.

• its the sound testroom people, just close your eyes and listen.

• What if I click on the wrong link 'cause my eyes were closed?

• oh it will be the right link. there is no wrong link on thesoundtestroom.com ;-)

and congrats on the haqq team-up. all the best.

• Thanks for the feedback everyone. There should be no comic sans, not sure where those comments are coming from?

• Great work Colin!

• @CSwinn - Just joking on the CS :)

• edited March 2015

Looking good Colin. Congrats on the release! Two nerd bits:

1. Maybe add: #appSaleWidgetOpener { cursor: pointer;} so that folks know they're links when their mouse goes over them. Same for the other two. Or better, add the same class to all three and make one CSS style for the class instead repeating the code for each ID. Like .sidebarToggles { cursor: pointer; restofthe:shared-styles; }

2. There's an errant <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> at the very top of your template (maybe in header.php) that is 404ing and causing it all to slow down. Yank that sucker.

@Coloobar There is no comic sans there. There's Cooper Black though. If you're gonna be a font weenie, gotta nail it. ;) Also, for the record: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/im-comic-sans-asshole

From the above article, as inspiration to click through:

While Gotham is at the science fair, I’m banging the prom queen behind the woodshop. While Avenir is practicing the clarinet, I’m shredding “Reign In Blood” on my double-necked Stratocaster.

• Nice job, looks good

• @syrupcore said:
    Looking good Colin. Congrats on the release! Two nerd bits:

1. Maybe add: #appSaleWidgetOpener { cursor: pointer;} so that folks know they're links when their mouse goes over them. Same for the other two. Or better, add the same class to all three and make one CSS style for the class instead repeating the code for each ID. Like .sidebarToggles { cursor: pointer; restofthe:shared-styles; }

2. There's an errant <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> at the very top of your template (maybe in header.php) that is 404ing and causing it all to slow down. Yank that sucker.

Coloobar There is no comic sans there. There's Cooper Black though. If you're gonna be a font weenie, gotta nail it. ;) Also, for the record: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/im-comic-sans-asshole

From the above article, as inspiration to click through:

While Gotham is at the science fair, I’m banging the prom queen behind the woodshop. While Avenir is practicing the clarinet, I’m shredding “Reign In Blood” on my double-necked Stratocaster.

This week's nomination for The Perfect Post. Little bit of just about everything a man needs.

• edited March 2015

Thanks everyone! @syrupcore, great idea with the cursor property, never really played around with that. I'm gonna be throwing crosshairs all over the place now! Hilarious article too.

As for the stylesheet issue, I'm kinda baffled. WP or a plugin must be placing that somehow. The very top of my header look like this....

<!doctype html>
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" <?php language_attributes(); ?> >
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <meta name="author" content="">

<?php wp_head(); ?>
    <title><?php wp_title('-'); ?></title>
    etc

I added a comment just to confirm it was placed at the very top, you can see it when using element inspect on the site. This one's a mystery to me, I'll have to keep investigating.

• Saw your comment in the source. :) Not sure what's causing it. The only way to find it is to turn off plugins one by one and refresh->view source until you find the culprit. You might try switching to the 2014 theme first just to ensure it isn't something from your theme. Sucks to realize that after spending an hour toggling plugins!

Good luck.

• You have to change your name to:

The Sound Test Room Worldwide

• Cool beans!

• edited March 2015

You're doing the needlessly big logo thing again - a whopping 400+k when it should be 10% of that. That'll slow things down a bit. And as @syrupcore said you do seem to be referencing a missing stylesheet at http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/style.css - could be left over from a previous layout, or maybe generated by a plugin as he says.

Not a massive fan of the new design, sorry. I prefer a cleaner, lighter design personally.

• I like the colours, despite the "Sergio Leone" artwork on top left. :)

• When it comes time for 3.0 you could consider leveraging all this talent and have a design competition with a grand prize of kudos and love force-multiplied by promo codes....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    When it comes time for 3.0 you could consider leveraging all this talent and have a design competition with a grand prize of kudos and love force-multiplied by promo codes....

^Snrk!

• Found the stylesheet error, thanks guys! Also did a little image optimization, hopefully the speed is up to snuff.

Now come visit and get yourself some Amazing Noises apps!

• Nice work Colin. That moment when you finally found it... it's a good moment!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    When it comes time for 3.0 you could consider leveraging all this talent and have a design competition with a grand prize of kudos and love force-multiplied by promo codes....

I'm a terrible designer. All nerd (though I do like me some type).

• edited March 2015

....nice collaboration....not sure on the new colour scheme yet....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

I spend all day designing and developing Wordpress based websites - bus-man's holiday mate.

• @monzo don't get me started. I spent all day trying to integrate a template into Wordpress. Grrrr. Darn hosters etc etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    monzo don't get me started. I spent all day trying to integrate a template into Wordpress. Grrrr. Darn hosters etc etc.

Have they got an upload limit? Use FTP if they've capped the upload size. Or get a decent host, like me.