Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Genre defining...

Not quite certain if what you're working on is happy-hardcore or new-vibe-bungalow? British marching band or Southern-stew?

This is for you (links/samples are clickable):

http://www.furia.com/misc/genremaps/engenremap.html

Comments

• That's pretty cool, but I couldn't find you anywhere JGY. What genre are you??

• I'm not biting on that one Mister Junkie... :)

• Great link, thanks. I assume you already this venerable site: http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

• @markk Some fun stuff at your venerable site (but no Southern Stew :). I also have to take issue with his Trip Hop description. Kind of have to stand up for the homeland a little here.

• There’s more genres than there are songs.

• Don't worry JG, ol' Ishkur serves it up to all sorts.

• Looking forward to exploring this when not on my phone.

"We're a deep neo-synthpop band."

"Fuck you," replied everyone.

• Have to say that is an amazing link, just been on a voyage of discovery, first genre that stood out for me was discofox, scanned down and saw deep discofox, curiosity got the better of me so I clicked the link, my word, only way I could describe it is like everyday is happy hour in the german beer garden, still got a smile on my face, what have you done to me JGY, going to have to go back and see what else I can find.

• Wonder if there's any significance to the font size and color.

• edited March 2015

I AM ALL ABOUT THE ULTIMATIVEN!

DF.jpg 39.3K
  • @JohnnyGoodyear

Lol I've got a new world of music to explore

• Khamal, the Elephant Song...Traditional Rock 'n Roll ???

You gotta be sh...kidding me!

• @mmp said:
    Khamal, the Elephant Song...Traditional Rock 'n Roll ???

You gotta be sh...kidding me!

lol I don't think this will mean anything to our non-Aussie friends...

• edited March 2015

What's with all the hate towards down tempo electronic music? I love trip hop, chill out, lounge, etc. Pitchfork are snobs too. Bastards! lol

• Wow, it's got both types of music – country, and western!

• I like to sort my music just in "moods".

• No syrupcore?

• Aw c'mon. Deep Opera? What does the "deep" monicker mean in regards to a genre?

• BTW the site is amazing in both scope and what it delivers. What a wonderful experience for younger musician's who need some, "eye opening" about music through history and around the world. Thanks for posting this @JohnnyGoodyear.

• Kind of reminds me of the person who doesn't play a sport or activity, because they "don't like it"

Not that they would suck.

Everyone wants to feel special. Being special wasn't always a good thing.

• @Coloobar said:
    No syrupcore?

This is what I'm saying! A sham.

• Truly 2nd rate ;-). I also noticed the lack of 1978, Hanahan, SC High School, emo, electronica. I thought that was sufficiently universal by now.

• JG walks away whispering to himself softly south carolina emo electronica....must have been a thing....

• Oh yeah :-) totally the rage within a 10 mile radius.

• Melodic power metal!