Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problems with Different Drummer

I just launched DD on my iPad Air (after a while away from the app) and I am getting massive glitches, stuttering and distortion. I've the latest OS and the latest version of DD installed. Restarting the iPad made no odds.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• No issues here. Maybe try deleting DD and reinstall.

• Tried deleting/re-downloading, but am still having problems. Seems to be a processing thing. It plays back fine until I move some critical number of siders (I've testing using the Note Wave controls) and then it tips into stuttering and stop start playback (plus terrifically glitchy animations).

Anyway the developer is looking into it, which is good.

I'm interested if any of you NOT having troubles are using an Air plus iOS 8.0?

• That's me, AIR 1 and iOS8, no problems

• How odd. I have deleted, cycled the iPad and then re-installed. Cannot think of anything else I can usefully do.

I guess it is only fairly extreme setting that are causing the proble, but stil…

• edited March 2015

I'm on an iPad4 and mini retina (latest iOS on both) with no problems on either. How much available space do you have on your air? Also, does it glitch up if you run shared compositions from the community?

• I have about 50GB free.

Loaded "simpler" from the community :-) and that worked fine. Tried "glass house", "a step above", and a couple of others of yours and they all were fine too.

I tried out on my old iPad2 and got a similar level of glitching. I suspect I am just pushing the parameters to extreme levels, it's very unlikely that I would have such extreme settings in any actual composition.

• Sounds like that might be the case. You could upload one you get to glitch, and I will download it to see if I'm seeing the same.

• Actually I have to edit my previous statement...

I updated and was playing with DD this afternoon and discovered that after a while playing, sound starts to degrade and glitch, even the timing gets out of whack. On the bus with Seek beats and Turnado it glitches terribly. Have to stop and restart, but it gets bad after a few bars...

Does the same glitching on its own too, only if there is a lot going on...

• The problem does seem to be associated with complex wave arrangements in the app.

• Working on a new update that should reduce glitching, especially over time. In the mean time, avoid overloading with high BPM, harmonies, effects and visualizer. Scrolling visualizer uses most cpu. Hang in there. Plan to submit by Sunday 8th.

• Good news!