Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PEPP is available !

edited February 2015 in General App Discussion

I've been waiting for this release for a few months now, since a few teaser demo vids appeared, and it's finally available in the AppStore. It's free to download, with the full version being unlocked via IAP which is at an introductory rate of £3.99. It's on the bus !
Pepp by Epicore
https://appsto.re/gb/Se0D4.i

Comments

• Either the demo is severely limited, or there really is no way to change the value of each note or programme your own drums.

Or the lack of in app documentation is making me miss these elements.

Looks nice enough, though.

• @Duncanm, yes the demo is limited, and the generation of notes in the sequencer is controlled by the positions of the various sliders and controls.
    This description is a reply I received from the dev.

As far as patterns go, there is only ONE editable pattern which is the one in the sequencer. The melody slider controls what notes/chords are played on each sequencer step. The articulation slider controls the velocity pattern for the sequencer. As far as the drums go, the Beat slider controls those. The sound slider controls the oscillator configuration which together with filter, edge, envelope and a few other sliders control what the synth sound like.. Also the melody i dependent on the tune slider as well as the key and scale selected in global settings.

• edited March 2015

It is not interested enough, sounding possibilities are quite limited. It needs to show itself as a brutal machine! Phase84 from Retronym has the same problem!

• Came here looking for info about this, thought it would be closer to the top.. Bump

• edited March 2015

This app excels at controlling ambient evolving electronic music. Used AUFX:Push with FunkBox as the key-in to pump up the output from Pepp and sent clock and midi to it from Pepp. The sliders the parameters they control are very smooth yet can change the sound dramatically or subtly. Using AUFX:Push in this setup really brought the nuances of Pepp and allowed you to add more bite and grit.

Here's a track created with Pepp in Audiobus using AUFX:Push and FunkBox as the midi input and key-in then recorded into MT DAW which has a much more gritty/aggressive sound than in the app demos.

• This thing has the naggiest nag screen I've ever been nagged by. You pretty much can't touch anything without it popping up.

• @Zymos, yup. Read @Paulinko's thoughtful comment earlier and decided to at least go take a look, but within thirty seconds it was like my first marriage. Pity to see a marketing idea which sabotages its own intention etc.

• It makes me LESS likely to pay for it, because I don't like to reward that level of annoyance.
    If they just made it a 5 buck app with no IAP, I'd feel a lot different about it.

• @kaikoo

Don't hate on Phase84 man. That synth is very capable and has a great

depth of sound design possibility. It's very warm in a modern hi-fi way. I've got to hand it to Retronyms, they made a respectable instrument, I love it.

• edited March 2015

@aleyas said:
    kaikoo

Don't hate on Phase84 man. That synth is very capable and has a great

depth of sound design possibility. It's very warm in a modern hi-fi way. I've got to hand it to Retronyms, they made a respectable instrument, I love it.

Oh, well! I don't hate on Phase84. Just realized synth apps can only do certain sounds. I will keep dreaming one day that Waldorf Largo be ported to ios. Largo is my ios synth dream. It produces great trance genre.