Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SXSW Music: 2015

I'll be attending South By Southwest (SXSW) Music this year (the week of March 16th) here in Austin, Texas. Anyone else around here going? There is a "Mobile Music Geekout" panel scheduled for 5pm on March 18, but that is the only iOS music making related activity that I have found, so far. (I do plan on wearing my AudioBus T-Shirt for said event...hoping it could be a conversation catalyst).

I tried getting a sponsored meet-up of like minded folks but SXSW never responded to my email...so let's do it ourselves and include everyone. SXSW attendees or not; let's do an iOS music makers meet-up some time during SXSW. I know we have some Texans here on the AB forum and some, like me, are in or near Austin. So what do y'all say?

I think @JohnnyGoodyear had mentioned somewhere on this forum that if we had such a meet up that he would provide the tea. Is that offer still valid, I wonder?

If you have any interest, please respond here or email me: Tozbourne at live.com

Comments

• This sounds really cool. I wish I was closer, (I'm in Oregon) or I would definitely go.

• There could indeed be tea. Even cake possibly. Perhaps roast beef tacos (to properly meld my cultures). Not intending to attend any of the official festivities. Most locals I know actually plan on leaving town that week, but I expect to be here...

• Chuy's is walking distance to SXSW. Then there's always Threadgill's, but it's a little farther away.

• Better still, pack a few coolers of Shiner and make the trek out to the original Salt Lick in Driftwood... although dang, chicken-fried steak at Threadgill's sounds good right about now...

I'm north of Dallas and I never miss a chance to get to Austin. Trouble is, I rarely get those chances unless they're work-related. It's a longshot, but if things shake out in my favor I'll be at SXSW in a heartbeat. I'll check back into this thread as it gets closer.

Not sure where you're based, @NoiseHorse, but you can get Chuy's in Dallas at Knox-Henderson if you're in the Metroplex and missing it...

• Excellent Tex-Mex is everywhere here in San Antonio! @TozBourne where is this Geekout? I can't find any details on it.

• Hey @RulesOfBlazOn like your thinking -- haven't been out Driftwood way in years. I do occasionally stop at Threadgills on N Lamar...I rarely get to South Austin anymore.

@NoiseHorse the "Mobile Music Geekout - Marketing, Content & Hot Tech" is a panel session scheduled for Room 13AB Austin Convention Center -- Mar 18, 5pm. And for my old bones, Chuy's is not within walking distance of the Convention Centen on Cesar Chavez, unless they added a downtown location that I don't know about...still it's a good idea.

• Was at the Salt Lick last month. We always drag English visitors there, but I have to say it was first class. As for South Austin; if you haven't been for a while you'll hardly recognize it. Cranes on every corner and more tattooed beards than you can shake a razor at. Brooklyn West.