Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StepPolyArp updated to 2.5

What's new

• Transpose lines can be fixed to a specific note instead of transposing from notes played

• Full Inter-App Audio support with Midi input and host sync

• Added iCloud and iCloud Drive support to share presets between devices

• Added Diminished, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Locrian scales

• Better slider sensitivity

• Bugs fixed

http://audiob.us/get/199/StepPolyArp-Midi-Step-Polyphonic-Arpeggiator

Comments

• Now if I can just get Auria Pro...

• edited February 2015

Ruh rohhh !, No sound and no sequence playing .steppoly died for me after this update!

• edited February 2015

Perhaps it will be updated too...
    Sorry, wrong thing

What is wrong, then?

• Working ok for me. ios7.2, iPad 4.

• edited February 2015

Seems to be OK here Mister T. (Air1/8latest)

• Air 1 latest update for iOS and steppoly, if I open step and use an internal sound I hear it until I engage the arp button then nothing until I restart steppoly.

• I think I will try to delete and then re install.

• edited February 2015

Reboot your device, delete SPA and reinstall the app? Those are the first things I try when something breaks from an update.

SPA update is working fine here with iPad 4, 7.1.2

• A reboot did not do it but delete and install worked like a charm!

• Stiil, There is no example on the manual on how to connect to Cubasis and Auria. It said it has full IAA suport, but very problematic to synch with Cubasis with midi. Maybe developer is too smart to show how to. There were old thread to talk about this topic, I don't know any one can help this out? Hard to make it work out!

• Love this app. Interesting that folks implement stuff, but sometimes don't take that extra step to help customers make use of their hard work by way a video (or flash cards :). I don't mention this as a matter of complaint, but more of marketing 101.

• @Kaikoo said:
    Stiil, There is no example on the manual on how to connect to Cubasis and Auria. It said it has full IAA suport, but very problematic to synch with Cubasis with midi. Maybe developer is too smart to show how to. There were old thread to talk about this topic, I don't know any one can help this out? Hard to make it work out!

I've just bought this app a couple of days ago, I love it :)
    I've not tried this yet but found this in the Auria forum:

http://w2w.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11276&sid=67dde28feecdbcef04b1dc4e7f0503c5

• edited February 2015

The fixing to a specific note is awesome. Makes this app awesomer.

@Kaikoo said:
    Stiil, There is no example on the manual on how to connect to Cubasis and Auria. It said it has full IAA suport, but very problematic to synch with Cubasis with midi. Maybe developer is too smart to show how to. There were old thread to talk about this topic, I don't know any one can help this out? Hard to make it work out!

It's actually really easy and works perfectly. In StepPolyArp go to the midi settings and select Cubasis for midi in/out and sync, then tap the clock sign in the lower right. When you start playback in Cubasis it will sync.

Edit: Also, make sure you have clock send set on in Cubasis.

• edited February 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Love this app. Interesting that folks implement stuff, but sometimes don't take that extra step to help customers make use of their hard work by way a video (or flash cards :). I don't mention this as a matter of complaint, but more of marketing 101.

>

I feel the same Johnny! Developers should not only release more vids of their creations at work when they release or update them, but also as other apps come out. They should show how the app can be a benefit to the users of other synths , controllers or what ever the app in question does! We always want more and if a developer puts them out they will no doubt gather the attention!

• Not that I disagree as I'd love more instructional video but video production takes a long time, partuclarly when you're getting started. We ask devs to be programmers, graphic designers, user experience designers, manual/technical writers, support engineers, business owners, marketers... Since most wear all of those hats for a part time gig, I get why we don't see more videos.

Seems to me with the popularity of thesoundtestroom and discchord videos there may be a business opportunity out there for an iOS music enthusiast with some video and instructional chops in creating short instructional videos (see cassini videos on the ice gear page for an example of what I'm talking about). As an alternative to the deep dives Tim, Doug and Collin do, 1-3 minute how-to videos for lots of popular apps may make for a good patreon supported business. Or maybe better, an app with IAPs. You spend 0.99 for an IAP that grants you access to 10 videos or 30 minutes worth of instructional videos, for instance.

• edited February 2015

I am glad you agree though I am not sure what you thought we were talking about but no, it should not take a long time to do a video and IAP 's would be 100 percent worthless to promote your apps, however it would be an excellent method to ensure poorer app sales ! We are not asking for Oscar productions just a point and shoot and show us more of what it can do. Obviously the developers know and are best able to do such things. Hiring someone else could get pricey though unless your a major developer.
    Some developers do it well others not so much and it is only to be taken as a suggestion for them to get the most out of their creations and help their customers.

• This is one of my essential apps. The best just keeps getting better!!!! The developer is very responsive too. I found a bug a few versions ago, and contacted the developer, and he was quick to fix the bug and put out a new version. I'm really happy about this update!!!

• Yup it is a favorite app of mine as well. I love apps like this one an Audiobus and others that can do so much for all of our apps we have already! I like to think of apps like step poly, flux fx, turnado ect. As force multipliers that make my existing apps just more powerful and feature ladin.

• 1P18 can you please explain what the fix note does. Thanks!

• edited February 2015

@Jomazz I'm sure others will explain it better, but I think the idea is that you can designate a note or notes not to be transposed when the rest of the sequence is.

@syrupcore I know that the average smaller dev has Lord knows how many hats. My thought was not begging for my own sake (for once!), but commenting more on the fact that indeed they do all this hard work and miss out on the most obvious marketing essentials to help said work get exposure/money. I believe this is especially true with any app involved with midi which many folks struggle with. A struggle that often leads to a closing and a forgetting about the app concerned. Etc etc you know the rest all too well.

I ESPECIALLY agree with the two minute video approach as well. I have access to all of Adobe's endless university, but when I need to remember how to add a color matte to Premiere I look for the YT Premiere-in-60-seconds vids (of which there are many) and done (as Mister Doug would say...).

• Thanks JohnnyGoodyear yea I understand now after using it for awhile. Awesome app keeps getting better.Dev is great also- I asked him to add Mixolydian scale and there it is!
    Now I'll ask him to add start/stop in the Audiobus sidebar.

• @Jomazz said:
    1P18 can you please explain what the fix note does. Thanks!

It fixes a note's channel to always play the same note. When you switch it to fixed you'll notice the channel indicate which note (C3, B4, etc.) it is, opposed to the normal number display, and it will always play that note.

It's cool because of the potential it brings. You could for example mix up arpeggios in interesting ways, by having one channel always come back to the same note. Or if you're running in chord mode you could mix chords with single notes. Or you could just run it like a straight standard sequencer by setting multiple channels to a fixed note, good for basic drum beats.

Basically in the end in just adds another layer of depth in what's possible.

• Thanks 1P18!

• I've had this on the wish list for some time and, due in part to the raves on this thread, finally ponied up. Should have done it a long time ago— definitely best in class and much less cludgy (and poly) than Thesys to boot. I also noted that the only price change it's had since inception is a $1 price increase, so no point in waiting for a sale.

• Lovely update. IAA makes this almost a midi effect now right in Cubasis and with solid clock! Awesome.

• @Tritonman said:
    I am glad you agree though I am not sure what you thought we were talking about but no, it should not take a long time to do a video and IAP 's would be 100 percent worthless to promote your apps, however it would be an excellent method to ensure poorer app sales !

Forgot about the promotional aspect of videos, which I get now is what you guys are talking about. I'm thinking more instructional and still think there is opportunity there if well done. I see more promo videos for apps from the dev than I do instructional.

We are not asking for Oscar productions just a point and shoot and show us more of what it can do. Obviously the developers know and are best able to do such things.

This may be more of a problem than we think. "I don't have the gear/skills to make a decent video" may slow devs down. Much like it slows lots of musicians down (me anyway!) from releasing music because "it's not good enough". I also wonder if your point about them obviously being best able also gets in the way—they know too much and don't know what to focus videos on.

Maybe this should be a new thread where we take advantage of the existing dev community here and just ask instead of me speculating on the internet. Again. :)

• I have tried using synth app with StepPolyArp to record midi note to cubasis, It works sometimes, it didn't many times. The IAA transport recording panel is not run perfectly with Cubasis. My device is Ipad air1 ios 8.13 with Cubasis 1.9 and stetpolyarp 2.5. It is very buggy and sometimesthe arp stop moving. I think Steppolyarp 2.5 needs more fixing and debuuging. I redownload it and restart ipad few times already; still, very buggy. There is no supporting email address on Larent Colson website, Hope developer notice!

Steppolyarp improved its way to be very good appegiator and sequencer alike. I have bought many sequencer apps, by far I am very impressed with steppolyarp with single channel synth inputs, it can randomly play chord melody, connects synth app smoothl. With AB support, the sound can be easily recording to Audioshare. My only problem is to record midi notes (not audio) to Cubasis by far. I would say this is the best 3rd party sequencer after using around 10 appegiator and sequencer apps.

If someone can really help out the correct way step by step on how to record midi note to Cubasis every times without failure with third party synth app examples.

please help to write it down here, very appreciate!

• Kaikoo,if you go to the website and pick Contact at the top of the screen there is a email form where you can send bug reports.I am having problems with the latest upgrade and Auria.Today I'll try Cubasis and then contact Laurent Colson,the SPA Dev.

• Am having a some randomness with Thor via AB in Auria (and into AS) also. Will send a note.

• My interest raised a lot with the IAA support now but not sure what to do.Want to use it with Cubasis but i'm also on 8.1.3

Doesn't seem to work for everyone.