Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I'm looking for an all in one type of thing. I've been wrestling with Cubasis, Stroke Machine, BeatMaker 2, Caustic, ProMidi, Gadget, Auxy.

I got this last night because I was a big user of FL Studio once upon a time. I got it even though I was disappointed by Image-Line's first app for iOS. I have been really enjoying this app, particularly the piano roll, a place where I spend a lot of time.

• @markk Quick question: How do you find the piano roll compares to gadget?

• Truth is I hardly use the piano roll in any app, usually I just hit record and play, but this does seem to be quite nice, I do like the auto quantise in this too, never used the PR in Gadget either.

With this though I did use the PR to set the initial loop length because there doesn't seem to be any other way to do it.

I will also say that since Image Line are apparently going to add IAA, Audiobus and better sharing sharing options it will make this very cool

• edited February 2015

If they do add AB and export I'll be a fence sucka/sitter who'll spend my pocket money....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    markk Quick question: How do you find the piano roll compares to gadget?

A short answer for now: better; although I'm going to give Gadget another go. GM has much better copy and paste and can actually scroll.

• @markk how's the two finger thing working for you in the piano roll? Specifically, the hold and drag to adjust note length/velocity feature.

• edited February 2015

Markk how does the piano roll compare with the impc pro's piano roll, especially with gesture controls?

• @syrupcore said:
    markk how's the two finger thing working for you in the piano roll? Specifically, the hold and drag to adjust note length/velocity feature.

It's marvellous beyond compute. You can lengthen or louden (or copy) non-consecutive notes!!

• @kobamoto said:
    Markk how does the piano roll compare with the impc pro's piano roll, especially with gesture controls?

It's been awhile since I've used that bit of kit. Will check later, as I have a memory of not being too frustrated by IMPC pro's piano roll.

• Had a very quick re-visit with impc pro. Unless I was doing something wrong, impc piano roll wasn't able to do much at all. Nevertheless, I started to have fun after a while so I quickly shut that sucker down.

• :) what does 'not able to do much at all mean? ….