Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Workflow with different guitar effects on different tracks

Howdy. I need to confirm my understanding of a particular aspect of the Audiobus workflow.

I'm playing my guitar plugged into my iRig PRO, thru to my iPhone 6+. I want to ultimately have it all go thru to Loopy HD, but have different guitar effects on each track - and with it pre-set so that I don't have to fiddle with too much like changing effects while playing. I have the full unlocked version of AmpKit for iOS, so it seems I can use that as either an input or an effect.

Note: I'm not talking about chaining multiple effects, I know how to do that. I'm talking different effects so that I can record one loop e.g. a bass loop on Loopy's track 1, then when that starts playing back, I start Loopy track 2 recording and there's a different effect on that guitar already set up.

However, there doesn't seem to be any way I can setup two different amp/head/pedal presets in AmpKit and have them route to different tracks. I believe (and this is the point that I need clarification on) it's because AmpKit doesn't have the multiple port thing that is necessary to do this. Is this correct? I certainly can't select AmpKit as the effect on a second Audiobus flow if I've already selected it on the first.

I guess I could buy separate iOS guitar effect apps and have one pumping to each Loopy in port but that seems kind of limited - the obvious drawback being that you couldn't have two of your favourite AmpKit presets at the same time.

1. Have I understood the workflow correctly there?
  2. If so, are there guitar effect apps that will do the multiple output port thing to satisfy my requirements?