Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garageband crashing

Hi all,

I just bought Audiobus and Garageband is crashing when i use it with Audiobus

My configuration are: Samplr -> Garageband

I have a Behringer 4 input interface connected ti the iPad

Cheers.

//N

Comments

• Sadly this seem to be a bug that occurs when multi-channel interfaces are connected to Audiobus and Garageband (or Cubasis) is in the output. We've notified Apple and Steinberg about this and to my knowledge Steinberg is looking into this after the coming update. Sadly, that's all the info I have.

Other DAWs like MultiTrack DAW seem to not be affected.

• edited February 2015

@Sebastian said:
    Sadly this seem to be a bug that occurs when multi-channel interfaces are connected to Audiobus and Garageband (or Cubasis) is in the output. We've notified Apple and Steinberg about this and to my knowledge Steinberg is looking into this after the coming update. Sadly, that's all the info I have.

Other DAWs like MultiTrack DAW seem to not be affected.

Thankyou for your answer!

Glad its not a malfunction in my hardware setup

Can you reccomend a DAW that works with Audiobus?

• MultiTrack DAW is one that we've tested and that doesn't seem to be affected. Other DAWs might work, too, but I don't know if they're suffering from the same bug. Maybe users of other daw apps can chime in?

• edited February 2015

I don't use another DAW but I'm also having issues with GB stopping recording, and occasionally freezing up/crashing when recording via AB. I'm not using an interface, just recording apps directly and this has only been an issue since the last update.

• Thanks for all the answers!

I think im going to look for another DAW

Maybe a little off topic but what DAW do you all recommend to have a troublefree recording session?

• I'm looking at getting Auria LE, I can't use GB at all now in AB

• @monzo said:
    I'm looking at getting Auria LE, I can't use GB at all now in AB

Same here GB i totally useless for me

I´ve been lookin at Auria LE too, whats the difference between LE and the "full" version?

• Having potentially related problems. GB doesn't recognize all apps in AB even though they are listed in the input/effects slots and loaded. Then during recording or playback everything will start crackling and stuttering until I turn off the iodock and start again.
    Still on iOS 7 and have not updated to the most recent AB. I have been updating apps as they become available. Does anyone suppose that some of the iOS 8 compatible apps are not being recognized in AB (with GB as output)?

• PS: If I were to switch DAWS which would you guys go with. Auria or Multi Track Daw?

• Auria for me. Mainly due to the pending upgrade and the Fab Filter plugs available. You'll pay a good deal more if you start adding the plugs, but it's definitely worth it.

• Thanks funjunkie. Ease of use/intuitiveness is a big deal for me. Kind of a knuckle head that way. When it starts becoming too much work I'll just go play my bass.

• edited February 2015

@Ben said:
    Thanks funjunkie. Ease of use/intuitiveness is a big deal for me. Kind of a knuckle head that way. When it starts becoming too much work I'll just go play my bass.

Kind of like me :))

I think i will go for the Auria but there´s a new version arriving i marsh..
    "Auria PRO" i think it´s called...

Better to wait and go for that one??

• I'm not sure how they'll handle the upgrade pricing, so I couldn't say whether it's better to wait. However, unless you need the midi capabilities of the upgrade, I'd say get it now.

I wouldn't say the ease of use and intuitiveness is a big selling point with Auria, but I've been able to do what I need to do in it between YT videos, the manual, and this forum.

• About $12, well worth it. Auria is incredible. LE has limits such as no time stretch, no convolution reverb, etc. Get the full one, you won't be sorry. I'm anxiously awaiting the pro version, but I have done a ton of mixes in it with the current setup.

And buy it now, upgrade it when it's available- no reason to wait on making music! Even if the upgrade is about more expensive than buying pro outright (no indication that it will be), rim and Wavemachine deserve every penny, auria changed my music life in a huge way! That's not an

• exaggeration. Me too.

• Something strange with the forum on my iPhone today, it won't post sometimes, and it cut off the end. I can only post from the "desktop " version of the site, not sure why. But thank you @ johnnygoodyear for adding the last word!

• edited February 2015

I've had that too - the 'post comment' button doesn't always seem to work in portrait mode, however when I turn the phone to landscape it then works. Something probably needs tweaking in the responsive settings.

And it happened when I tried posting this one!

• Hmm, strange. Works for me here, but I'm not sure how to reproduce the issue. If you see any pattern, be sure to DM me.

• Hmm... Today i bought iMS-20 and GB cashes the same as Samplr..

Do i dare to invest i Auria?

What if Auria cashes as well as GB?

I´ve noticed that its only when i have a audio interface connected to the ipad the problem occur...

Cheers.

• I recommend both MT-DAW (Multitrack DAW) and Auria. I track with MT-DAW and edit mostly with Auria depending on what the final project is. MT-DAW is solid, and quick, and has just the right amount of tools. Okay it could have a few more tools.

• Thank you for your reply Martygras.

I have now installed MT-DAW and i does not crash in audiobus like GB and that is really great! :)

Now i have another problem and it is maybe a bit off-topic but i cannot here any sound from the iMS-20 when its connected to MT-DAW in Audiobus but i can record in MT-DAW and i can see that a recording are done on a track and i can here the sound when i play the track...

If i run the MS as standalone without Audiobus the MS-20 works perfectly and it sound awesome.

Is there any configuration in MT-DAW or Audiobus that have to be done to here the MS?

• @nebulae, menu and turn on input monitor. It defaults to auto monitor but needs to be on input monitor.

• @Bootsy said:
    nebulae, menu and turn on input monitor. It defaults to auto monitor but needs to be on input monitor.

AAh thanks mate! :)

Now i know what to do this evening :))