Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Air 2 with 30 pin connections

I did a search on this and came up empty. I have an Apogee Jam, iRig Midi, and a Focusrite 2i2. I'm on a 30 pin iPad 2. I'm assuming I can buy an Apple lightening to 30 pin adapter and all will work fine. Is my assumption correct? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I think you need a camera connection kit. The jam has a USB cable which works with it. Not sure about the others.

• I have an iPad Air 2 and use the lightening to 30 pin connector which I use with 30 pin CCK and the 30 pin iRig Midi (still charges too) without any problems including USB audio interfaces and USB midi hardware.even works with a 30 pin USB mic too.

• @Jocphone - I have the 30 pin camera connection kit. Should have added that.

@Paulinko - thanks. That's what I was hoping for.

• @supanorton fair enough. I went the other way and bought the lightning CCK. Meant that I could use a USB to MIDI lead as well.

• @Jocphone said:
    supanorton fair enough. I went the other way and bought the lightning CCK. Meant that I could use a USB to MIDI lead as well.

Thank you for your advice. I'll probably pick up the lightening CCK at some point, but I just want the interfaces and midi keyboard I've got to work right away.

• No worries @supanorton enjoy your new iPad!