Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[SOLVED]Alchemy troubleshooting on different ios versions

Hey all, just want to pow wow about this a bit to see If someone stumbled on any solutions.

We know Alchemy is dead...and some of us pine to keep 'er...but I've noticed a few problems and want to reach out to this awesome crowd...

• I have Alchemy on a device with ios 6.1.3 with all purchased libraries
  • I have Alchemy on a device with ios 7.0.4 with a few purchased libraries but can't restore purchases to get 100% of my content..
  • I just updated another device to ios 8.1.2 but Alchemy crashes, as it probably was still on ios 6 ipa.

I updated Audiobus on the 8.1.2 device on a chance, but still crashes...

As we know, Alchemy has been taken down frome the AppStore,. i can't download purchased content. I can see it from the purchased menu, but there is no update.

Q1: everyone else seeing the same thing?
Q2: can I share my purchased libraries across ios versions via iTunes?
Q3: am I SOL for 8.1.2?
Q4: if I delete on 8..1.2, is it possible to download via purchased menu?
Q5: anyone successful on getting a refund?

Here's the thing...if your device ever goes belly up and you have to restore from iTunes, iTunes will always, fom my understanding, update to the latest ios version. So for those camping on Ios 6 or 7 on an ipad 2, may have to go to ios 8 if a major restore issue occurs. So Alchemy would be dead if you don't have the right version ipa for the device....and may be impacted in subsequent ios versions. So unless you are at the last version of ios for your device, we may be SOL, so I'm thinking on truing for a refund, if possible, and hope it shows up in a future Apple product.

Thoughts or answers?

Thanks!

Comments

• I think @Crabman got a refund, but Alchemy days are numbered here on iOS IMO, may survive a while longer, but without updates, mmmmm, on Mac OS, a little longer, on Windows maybe forever! Dependencies go back to the Ark.

• Sadly, I agree on iOS there is no reasonable way for most of us to maintain Alchemy, especially without the ability to restore purchases. On my last launch I noticed my favorites have been wiped clean: strangeness will only multiply with time even if I hang onto 7.

Alchemy is my favorite synth, but in the face of the inevitable upgrade to iOS 8 for development reasons, pursuing a refund is looking more and more like the only option, with a regretful commitment to never purchase any products from those involved with this micro-Kafkaesque mess.

• You can copy the files from your 6.3 device via ifun box to a pc and then out again to another device.

You can still download the last version of alchemy from the App Store.

There was a post on dischord and probably here as well detailing how to reinstall the pro upgrade

Between those 2 you're ok for a while.

• I've tried downloading my pro upgrade and it isn't working. I've tried on both iPad ios 7 and iPhone ios 8. I've tried reinstalling the app and I've tried waiting a few weeks to try again without any luck. I emailed Camel Audio but nothing so far. Any recommendations?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    You can copy the files from your 6.3 device via ifun box to a pc and then out again to another device.

There was a post on dischord and probably here as well detailing how to reinstall the pro upgrade

Thanks!

Is this the link?
    http://discchord.com/blog/2015/1/9/restoring-alchemy-mobile-pro-upgrade.html

I tried to download from the App Store under my purchases...it shows up, but as soon as I tap, it tries to search for it, but never comes up. Only tried from an iPhone 5.

Appreciate the feedback!

• @BiancaNeve said:

You can copy the files from your 6.3 device via ifun box to a pc and then out again to another device.

@BiancaNeve, thanks! iIs this the post from Discchord? http://discchord.com/blog/2015/1/9/restoring-alchemy-mobile-pro-upgrade.html

On an iPhone 5, I tried downloading from the purchased content, but just sits there with a spinning wheel, like its looking for something, so no dice for me there.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@BiancaNeve, thanks! iIs this the post from Discchord? http://discchord.com/blog/2015/1/9/restoring-alchemy-mobile-pro-upgrade.html

On an iPhone 5, I tried downloading from the purchased content, but just sits there with a spinning wheel, like its looking for something, so no dice for me there.

• Anyone have an idea of where to get the sounds from? I had to re-install Alchemy, t of course restoring purchases does nothing and there are no IAP's to install :( I loved the app and I'm gutted I can't get the sound banks reinstalled.

• I would much rather keep paying for Alchemy updates and expansions, but since Apple can't be bothered to behave like a respectable member of society, I went ahead and pirated the desktop version and all of the expansions.

• edited April 2015

I had an email from camel some time back saying that they were working on a solution. Don't know what the state of play on it is though :(

16th Feb.

"Sorry for the delay in getting the in-app purchases problem fixed - we are still working on the update. When the app is updated it will contain the fix for downloading your in-app purchases again.

Again, we're really sorry this has taken a while to get sorted - we're unable to give a date but we're working on getting it done as soon as we possibly can."

• edited April 2015

I'll bet Apple right now has the former Camel staff resourced 100% into integration of Alchemy 2.0 into an upcoming version of Logic.

• With us now into April, I would guess that no such update is coming.

I've just been googling trying to find somewhere were they have the backed up soundbanks but I can't :( (I'm happy to show my purchase reciepts) I only bought the all sounds pro pack last July, so this is rather a kick in the teeth.

• Maybe we should e-mail Tim Cook about it..anyone got his e-mail addresss?

• edited April 2015

Similar response just arrived

"Hi Robert,

We're really sorry you've had trouble with in-app purchases. There is a current problem in the app which prevents restoring previous purchases in Alchemy Mobile. We are aware of this problem and are working on fixing it as soon as we can.

We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused - we'll have an update for the app out as soon as we possibly can, which will allow your purchases to be restored.

After this, in-app purchases will be restorable as normal via the app. We are providing support and downloads of desktop plugins / sound libraries until July 7th, but whilst new purchases can no longer be made, your previous in-app purchases will continue to be restorable after then. The free version of Alchemy Mobile will also still be available for download from the Purchased section of your App Store account.

Again, sorry for the delay in getting this sorted.

All the best."

• @TGiG said:
    I've tried downloading my pro upgrade and it isn't working. I've tried on both iPad ios 7 and iPhone ios 8. I've tried reinstalling the app and I've tried waiting a few weeks to try again without any luck. I emailed Camel Audio but nothing so far. Any recommendations?

Did you go try using VST info through Itunes -> @Tovokas said:

Sadly, I agree on iOS there is no reasonable way for most of us to maintain Alchemy, especially

Are you kidding?

There are unlimited presets you can make. It is a synth design platform and sampler.

Did you go to the Create your own preset feature and explore the ridiculous opportunities to customize?

Dropbox - Audiopaste - Itunes---------?

• @RustiK said:
    Are you kidding?

to be fair it may be possible, but we don't all have the time to tinker. Hence purchasing the soundbanks in the first place.

• So they're working on final version for this app, or what?

• SO Apple bought them, and they aren't selling it anymore . BUT they are meant to be releasing one last version so previous customers can get back any IAP sound packs.

• And lo, as if by magic the Alchemy update is out! Purchase restoring is now possible :)

• Thanks for everyone's help! With the update, Alchemy works! Now off we go to iOS 9! I've marked this thread solved.

• @Yendor said:
    Thanks for everyone's help! With the update, Alchemy works! Now off we go to iOS 9! I've marked this thread solved.

Congrats.

If I have the time I will be posting a preset library of 50 amazing leads and arps.