Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zillidrone Groovebox (new groovebox/synth app)

edited January 2015 in General App Discussion

Just saw this one. There's a drum machine/sampler, a sampler and 2 synths. 5 effects, and sequencer. Plus stuff like randomization, automation, exporting recordings to other apps, core MIDI etc. That's all I know atm.

Some videos from the devs channel:

Zillidrone groovebox by Andrey Savitsky
https://appsto.re/us/tpWf4.i

Comments

• No AB? IAA?

• Hope this gets AB / IAA, sound demo's are awesome!

• Wow, sounds great, looks like an interesting machine, with lots of sound mangling ...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvug6_3Oxe4kdkI8KwZE-EA
    few videos, the 1st dates 9 months ago, (testing)...looks like it's been in developement for a while

• Looks great, but the bunch of the usual meaningless, info-less videos tell me nothing about how it actually works. I'll wait for Doug to clarify things, as ever.

• Got it, perplexing, it's got help info, so much you can do, part seq, part sampler, part mangler, awesome sounding, elastic drums for samples, with small 'star trek' UI.

• @monzo said:
    Looks great, but the bunch of the usual meaningless, info-less videos tell me nothing about how it actually works. I'll wait for Doug to clarify things, as ever.

Don't expect the video too soon, this is quite deep! This thing is crazy.....

• From what I can gather, you've got three percussive sounds from a range of samples, an instrument, and a couple of drone type synths, simple enough! Then Sequence, Mangle through the FX. If you like 'glitchy' experimental stuff you'll like this, at it's heart it's simple, it's power is in automation and sequencing, and FX, you can also sequence the drone synths. Recording on the pads seems 'buggy' though.

• edited January 2015

Thanks @knewspeak . I'm kinda hovering this one. Looks like fun, once you get a few patterns down and can start messing around with it all. Ok so the synth is more a synth-rompler, then a fully tweak-able synth I gather. Is there a filter somewhere at least?

• @ChrisG, If there's a filter I've not found it, the drones have five sliders, these mutate the synths, how? Don't know exactly how frequency, pitch, my guess, but they certainly alter the sound. With the FX you select what you want to send to them from the each of the 3 percussion samples, the keyboard sample, or each of the two drone synths, of the 6 FX, Pitch shaper/shifter, wah-wah, ring mod, distortion, freeverb and looper, I think all can be automated, except the looper this takes a snapshot of what you send to it, which you can then manipulate real-time. The whole thing seems aimed at semi-automation, part real time manipulation. The demo's provided are on YouTube and as seen in these, it's part auto, part hands on. Really simple parts, but the sum is fantastic, can produce some crazy stuff, hope this gets AB, in and out.

• Thanks for the info @knewspeak - sounds like my kinda thing, and I'm tempted even without AB, the synth-rompler thing puts me off a bit though.

• It's sampler is pretty simple sadly, it's drone synths, you can take 5 snapshots of those mystical sliders I mentioned above, these you can sequence, it's really difficult to place this app in a genre, quirky, it's kind of a glitchy, groovebox, certainly won't be to everyone taste. The Demo's on YouTube do give a good reflection of it's capabilities, though, it needs some thing's ironing out, the drum pads are multi functional, record your beats, sometimes they don't because when held produce a repeat and pitch effect, this I don't think you can record, a pity.

• Thanks @knewspeak , glitchy & experimental sounds like fun. Might give this a go. Liked the crazy stuff in the videos as well so..:)

• does zilladrone have a swing feature?

• Kind of yes jazz swing?.....?£ck

• Just noticed it states 'iOS 8 is required' - sure this wasn't there before, maybe I missed it but it still says 'iOS 6 or later' in the info section. I was tempted by this, even with the awkward sound in/out options, but I'm on 7 so looks like it's a no-go anyway. Shame, I like the weirdness of this fellah.

• doesn't iOS 6 or later mean that iOS 7 works?

• That would be my assumption - bit of a conflict in statements there.

• Definitely interesting. MIDI out in the first video looks promising too.

• Yep you're both correct I didn't notice iOS 8 required before, I'm on 8, so can't say if it run's on other iOS versions, had a crash though, created a groove sent it to the looper, started the sequencer from frozen state while playing the looper, released frozen and crash.

• Anyone running it on 7?

• @knewspeak said:
    Yep you're both correct I didn't notice iOS 8 required before, I'm on 8, so can't say if it run's on other iOS versions, had a crash though, created a groove sent it to the looper, started the sequencer from frozen state while playing the looper, released frozen and crash.

was that just a 1 time crash or does it repeat?

• @kobamoto, Just once, tried repeat, all ok, from inside the app it links to a tutorial video, searched but can't find it, would give you a good idea, what this thing does.

Here's a link to some music created with it, https://myspace.com/filt3s

• got a question for you guys, if I update to iOS 8 is there a way to return to iOS 7.1.2 ?

• Not 100%, but I think Apple stopped signing 7, so unless your JB, or some other magic, I'd say no.

• maybe I'll just wait and see if the dev pops in here to chat, I'm surprised they haven't shown up already

• If they posted the tutorial vid, inside the app, that would give people a good idea what it's about, I can only find the demo's at the mo, the tutorial is more in depth, BTW that MySpace link I posted is what I found when looking for the tutorial, it has quite a few demo songs created with Zillidrone, track 2, starts, using the looper as per my crash, didn't crash when I repeated it though.

• Just checked on my Ex's iPad 4, Zillidrone iOS 7, insta-crash, and again, and again, so it's certainly a no go for 7 for the moment.....

• thanks for checking knewspeak