Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectAudio4+ news: Price, availability

Comments

• Good news on the street price.

Not as good as I was hoping on availability...

• Agree on both counts. Was hoping early February would still be in play...

• Wow, I thought that was out already. That was a long run up.

• It was originally announced at NAMM last January. Been a year, and still not out. Of course, it's exactly what I need...

• Any more information on the impedance options/differences of analog inputs 1/2 vs 3/4? Wondering if I can go line in on all four?

• Yes you can feed line in to all four inputs.

• It's $249AU at my local store and they have stock :)

• No - that'd be the iConnectMIDI4+ @Buska - probably. The iCA4+ hasn't shipped yet.

• Here's a NAMM video that's rather cool - shows the matrix patch bay too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534&v=BQSM3tnOhFE#t=31

• Eek just called them and they only had 2 left so I bought one haha :)

• @MusicInclusive said:

No - that'd be the iConnectMIDI4+ @Buska - probably. The iCA4+ hasn't shipped yet.

Oops yeah your right ;)

• I've been waiting for this. If I can route 4 inputs to the 4 outputs via a patchbay without needing computer configuration, as well as record the 4 outputs digitally to my DAW via USB (and as an aggregate device with my current interface), I'm sold. That seems like it will be the case, but I'll have to wait for user reviews.

• So I don't need another audio interface if I got this? Or should I get a better audio interface to run in conjunction with this?

• Looks very interesting. But still not sure, as I already have the UR28M and the ICM4+, if I have some more additional benefits with this. Btw. what is this Audio Patchbay programm he is using in the video? Cannot find it anywhere.

• The audio patchbay will be part of the new iConfig for the iCA4+ @helmutmaria

What do you mean by a "better" audio interface @Nadav? Something in the $600-$1000 range would be better - but I'm not sure what you're thinking :-) What are you looking for specifically?

• @Musicinclusive, ah thats why. Thanks

• I'm looking for an audio interface for my iPad and Mac. I'm considering the arturia AudioFuse or the apogee Duet. But now seeing what this one can do I'm thinking this is better because it functions as an audio interface and has all of this amazing routing capabilities that I want. Is it as good an audio interface as the ones I mentioned? because if so then this is amazing and I don't see why anyone using an iPad will want to buy anything else.

• edited January 2015

I haven't tested it against the UR28M that was mentioned above @Nadav, and I can't yet find specs on the Audiofuse for at least a baseline comparison, but I have tested it against 3 others (two of which were in the same general price range, and another rack mountable mid-range piece of gear) using a reference track at 90dBSPL with both an AT4033A and an SM58, and the preamps were better, esp. in the top end, than one of the very popular brands among iOS musicians. :-) Was it a big margin? No, but it was noticeable.

Now, does that mean I wouldn't recommend the other, no, I have one and like it :-) and I was doing a test where I was looking for differences.

Apogee is definitely a nice interface, but isn't as rounded in capability.

• edited January 2015

So you're saying the iconnectAudio4+ is a good choice? or just not a bad one?
    Using my iPad as a vst plugin in Logic is awesome but audio quality comes first.

• Also worth considering: The iCA4+ charges the iPad. The Apogees do as well. The Audiofuse does not, from what I can tell.

• edited January 2015

This is the only device that charges the iPad all while providing analog audio inputs/outputs and allowing the use of a USB hub for connecting multiple midi over USB devices. The apogee stuff (or any other for that matter) does not allow using a USB hub over the USB port. Not to mention the dual computers feature and routing options.

It really is in a class of its own. I just hope it sounds as good as or better than my UR44 and that the latency is tolerable. I think it is a steal at $299 considering everything it does, as long as it has enough analog inputs/outputs for your needs. @MusicInclusive you have an ICA4+ already?

• Well I just bought the midi+4 but now I'm wondering if I can link it to this beast too? Wishful thinking most likely :D

I use hardware and need the extra DIN midi ports

• @miguelmarcos said:

Also worth considering: The iCA4+ charges the iPad. The Apogees do as well. The Audiofuse does not, from what I can tell.

The Apogee charges the iPad but has midi limitations. One of things keeping me focused on the iCA4.

• I have been beta testing the iCA4+ @Ringleader

• @rad3d, only the One has that limitation, the Duet and Quartet handle MIDI.

• Here's another video from iC that shows the touch panel in a tad more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534&v=avAZZSSATTg#t=110

• @miguelmarcos said:

@rad3d, only the One has that limitation, the Duet and Quartet handle MIDI.

My understanding is that both the Duet and Quartet only support coreMidi, and the port will not allow you to attach a hub. Much more limiting than the ICA4.

• That is correct, no hub, no non-MIDI devices.

• @miguelmarcos said:

That is correct, no hub, no non-MIDI devices.

Not just non-midi devices, but 'only' coreMidi devices. None of my current KMI midi controllers would work it. Plenty of controllers would potentially be incompatible.