Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS synth for a Solina Arp sound

I completely fell in love with a Waldorf Streichfett synth (string synth similar sound of a Solina Arp) price is not prohibitive (kind of)....however I was wondering if we have in the iOS enviroment some synth that could reproduce the sound of a Solina Arp

I d love to add it in my sound palettes!

So far I was looking at Marseille in KORG Gadget which has similar sounds.

Comments

• i found some really nice string ensembles in one of the additional (but free) web libraries of Sunrizer.No idea how close they are to a Solina but nonetheless very vintage sounding.

• edited January 2015

string synths are actually pure sawtooth waveform oscillators, a rather simple patch for polyphonic softsynths. It's more the problem to get to such a simple patch, bypassing all effects (that are often hidden somewhere) and modulations (including velocity).

Of course a string synth is not only sawtooth wave, it's also the VCO topology and sometimes also the "ensemble" and phaser effect that is so characteristic.

As far as I know there is no typical string synth app, but as mentioned before you can get close with many synth apps. Since SynthX has the best analog VCO emulation (in my opinion, and I don't know all synthapps), I recommend that one. SynthX through a (hardware) Small Stone phaser sounds very creamy and authentic analog. Who knows, maybe even more authentic than Streichfett (I don't have one, so I cannot tell).

• edited January 2015

Well, too late for this now, but I bought the full version of Camel Audio Himalaya Vintage soundpack, which included more string ensemble patches, including a "clean" Solina, not just the phazed version included in the ios version. The free libraries for Sunrizer are ok too, but not sample based.

Maybe the Synthmaster player (coming afaik) will enable to use the pc soundbanks, as the Art rock basics bank which I bought includes excellent (sample based) String ensemble patches.

Ipolysix also enable you to create something close to it, and one of the iaps (Minimoog) in Animoog include a Solina patch.

The gadget pcm synth also has a String ensemble patch.

And yes, the Streichfett is amazing (got one for christmas) :)

• edited January 2015

i would say the correct ensemble/chorus/phaser effect is a BIG part of the sound ;)

• IPolysix or Gadget, then, they have good ensemble effects. Also, there was a VP-330 ensemble patch on the Audulus forum, very good.

• So...One year later. Anything new for the Arp Solina on iOS? SoundFont maybe?

• @TGiG said:
    So...One year later. Anything new for the Arp Solina on iOS? SoundFont maybe?

Alina String Ensemble by insideout ltd.
    https://appsto.re/gb/E3mW9.i

• @firejan82 said:

@TGiG said:
    So...One year later. Anything new for the Arp Solina on iOS? SoundFont maybe?

Alina String Ensemble by insideout ltd.
    https://appsto.re/gb/E3mW9.i

Perfect! Thank you!

• Yeah the Alina String Ensemble is very very close to the original machine

• Just had a really weird Suspiria moment with Alina... She might be supernatural...