Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iFretless bass question

Just a quickie - I'm on the verge of buying this, but a bit confused as to what instruments you get with the main purchase - the store lists about ten different basses, but I've read elsewhere it only comes with 3, and the rest are IAP's - can anyone confirm how many come with the main purchase?

Thanks

Comments

• Ditto.

Thanks

• I didn't see any IAP when I checked the app out in the app store.

• I've only just bought it and I can see ten basses: Jaco Bass, Slap Bass, Jazz Bass, Electric Upright Bass, Saw wave Synth, Chameleon Synth, Snarling Synth, FM Bass, Pick Bass, Upright Bass. Can't see any IAP's but it was just a quick look to answer your question.

• Thanks - are they all unlocked?

• Yes, they all played fine. No pop up boxes saying otherwise, so they must be unlocked.

• 10 basses. No IAPs as far as I know.

• Thanks, just purchased - only had a quick play but very impressed.

• I picked this up recently and like it a lot. Another palette of bass sounds to utilize!

• Can you play it with a MIDI keyboard?

• You can play with a midi keyboard, but you lose the fretless part of the app.

• Yeah pretty pointless using a keyboard really. Works for me as I'm a bassist/guitarist and the frets make more sense than a keyboard. Might get the guitar one as well now I know it works with my old pad.

• Just in case any iPad 2 owners are cruising the forum to see if this app will work with their pad I'd just like to confirm it's working perfectly here (iOS 7.1). Managing to avoid the reported 'clicks' as well by keeping the instrument volume down, and processor wise it's working ok too - I'm able to play it through an effect and record into GarageBand via AB. Good app.

• i was waiting on a "i-bundle" or sale so i can snatch all of them up for our productions

• It's a great app. I have it on iPad2, and while it clicks if you get too crazy on it, it's not a huge problem. Yes, the string interface is kind of the whole point, but the samples are so good, I wouldn't fault anyone for using a MIDI keyboard or even a step sequencer to get the timing more responsive. It responds to MIDI velocity, so you can set up a pretty simple bass line in Xynthesizr or something, and be amazed at how the slap bass (and others) respond to velocity changes.

It's kind of like a set of 10 super multi-layered SoundFonts on steroids, except I've never found a bass guitar SoundFont that sounded nearly as good as iFretless.

• @StormJH1 said:

Yes, the string interface is kind of the whole point, but the samples are so good, I wouldn't fault anyone for using a MIDI keyboard or even a step sequencer to get the timing more responsive.

Yeah makes sense I guess.

Talking of bundles (@dredakyst), would I be able to buy the iFretless Guitar for the balance if their bundle price (£10.99), or will I have to pay the full price?

Sorry for the nooby question - I've never bought a bundle before so not sure if you can 'top up' purchases this way.

• @monzo:

Bundles charge you the price of the bundle minus what you already paid for apps in the bundle, which is typically a great deal if you've paid full price for one or more of the apps included. (If you've bought apps from the bundle on sale, or got promo codes, the bundle price can be higher than buying the remaining apps!)

• @drelbs23 said:

@monzo:

Bundles charge you the price of the bundle minus what you already paid for apps in the bundle, which is typically a great deal if you've paid full price for one or more of the apps included. (If you've bought apps from the bundle on sale, or got promo codes, the bundle price can be higher than buying the remaining apps!)

Thanks - I bought the bass version at full price so the guitar should be pretty cheap then!

• I've bought everything they offer so far at full price (I know, more fool me, so good though Vicar), but I'm optimistic that when iFretless Washboard drops it'll be mine and free for the taking...

• +1 for ifrettless washboard

• check this out

• I can do the bundle thing - guitar's only four quid so it'd be rude not to buy it. +1 for iFretless Kazoo

• @dwarman said:

check this out

Great playing!

• @dwarman said:

check this out

BOSS! but next time just route it into audioshare so we don't have to hear your mad tapping. =)

• I bought iFretless guitar - love it. Put it through Tonestack and I sounded like a badly digitised Brian May

• does ifretless have a looper in it?

• edited December 2014

I think they're all supposed to have a record facility so you can play over the top. Have to admit I haven't found it yet though it's probably not something I'd use anyway.

Great apps, definitely recommended.

• Touch the little oval arrow at the bottom and a button will pop up at the top. This is the record button. Can't over dub though.

• @Bootsy said:

Touch the little oval arrow at the bottom and a button will pop up at the top. This is the record button. Can't over dub though.

Thanks. So many obvious things I learn every day, only makes me wonder how many more I'm (inevitably) missing.... :)

• Oops, forgot to attribute, it's not me (:(, just think its the best use of iFretless I've ever come across.

Clearly he used the iPad speakers too, recorded on iPhone internal mike, hence the tapping sounds.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Bootsy said:

Touch the little oval arrow at the bottom and a button will pop up at the top. This is the record button. Can't over dub though.

Thanks. So many obvious things I learn every day, only makes me wonder how many more I'm (inevitably) missing.... :)

Easy to miss this one as it's disabled when you're in AB, took me ages to get this working....