Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lemur Sale

edited December 2014 in General App Discussion

Lemur is on sale , reduced to £13.99 ! Awesome when you consider the original JazzMutant Lemur controller cost about £2000.00. If you're in the market for a massively programmable controller app, then check out the community and see what's available

Lemur by Liine
https://appsto.re/gb/9L-RC.i

Comments

• Any iOS users out there who want to share with us non-Lemurs why this is a must buy or simply a good addition?

• Yes please share, I am not even sure what it is.

• edited December 2014

It's like the Reaktor of the controller world. Professionally created premium content, and a massive online community of downloadable templates. Control software or hardware synths and effects with unique physics objects.

Website is going sloooww today...
    https://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

Forum https://forum.liine.net/viewforum.php?f=30

@Tritonman2 said:

Yes please share, I am not even sure what it is.

The original Product was a touchscreen controller made by JazzMutant, about 15 years ago, and cost over £2k. It was really only affordable by professional musicians and studios. The company went bust, and Liine bought the rights to the product, ported it to iOS, and developed it into the affordable programmable controller environment it is now

• This should give you an idea of what can be done. The physics engine is what sets it apart from other midi development tools.

• Thanks Boss. I think :)

• Buy it!

Lemur can control apps on your iOS devices as well as on your computer(obviously). Ryan from IOS Mars made a few great templates and provided an accompanying video

http://main.iosmars.com/2013/05/31/lemur-demo-template-download/

There are other great templates that I can pull up if anyone wants them

• I'm a big MIDI Designer Pro fan, haven't got Lemur yet... but $20 might be worth it just for those automation features, the bouncing ball xy pads... hmmm.

Does automation sync to external BPM from another iOS app? that might push me over the edge.

• I bought Lemur for hardware control, don't really use it with ios apps but i'm too lazy to create my own templates. If you use Reaktor or M4L there are some awesome templates for them, particularly twisted tools stuff and there's Livekontrol 2 as well as a dedicated Live Push emulation but can be issues with getting things working, i couldn't get the Push emu to work at all. There are also some standalone apps based on Lemur.

• Tempting for the "LFO Studio" alone. 8 adjustable MIDI CC LFOs. https://liine.net/en/products/lemur/premium/lfo-studio/

• @Hmtx said:

I'm a big MIDI Designer Pro fan, haven't got Lemur yet... but $20 might be worth it just for those automation features, the bouncing ball xy pads... hmmm.

Does automation sync to external BPM from another iOS app? that might push me over the edge.

Most do but the xy pads don't that i've tried, they're more for realtime manipulation. Just had a play with SQU4R-3 and it's awesome, will need to try it with ios apps but should be able to set lemur to to receive clock from the app and automate CC parameters.

@syrupcore that and CC Sequencer are really good. LModit Lite is crazy as well but i usually end up with random noises lol.

• ABreakpoint and the user template HarmEx are unique and deep melody/harmony tools. Like many have pointed out, a lot of what's available is geared for hardware and plugins, and lot of it is great. Live Control 2 (free if you own Lemur) is pretty deep Ableton Live controller, but I think Touchable 3 is the best available on iOS, especially for its access to Browser. LC2 does have a few unique tricks up its sleeve, particularly in area of editing midi, programming chords, etc.

• If you're into older synths or rack gear, Lemur is a must. I couldn't imagine trying to program my Tx81Z without it.

• @Accent said:

If you're into older synths or rack gear, Lemur is a must. I couldn't imagine trying to program my Tx81Z without it.

Most any of the control apps will let you create a bunch of sliders to tweak old flat faced synths though. Lemur's special sauce seems to be custom UIs with scripting, physics and deep M4L integration.

The only thing that's stopping me from clicking the buy button is the lack of on device editing. Plus, I have a lot of midi control apps I barely use!

• @syrupcore said:

@Accent said:

If you're into older synths or rack gear, Lemur is a must. I couldn't imagine trying to program my Tx81Z without it.

Most any of the control apps will let you create a bunch of sliders to tweak old flat faced synths though. Lemur's special sauce seems to be custom UIs with scripting, physics and deep M4L integration.

The only thing that's stopping me from clicking the buy button is the lack of on device editing. Plus, I have a lot of midi control apps I barely use!

True, but I don't believe that the other control apps out there have nearly as large of a library of templates available...which is good, because from my limited experience at trying to make my own templates in Lemur, it is a headache-inducing task.

• @syrupcore - I thought it does allow on device editing now. I have it, but due to the time needed to master it, I've only been using templates.

• edited December 2014

How does Lemur compare to Touch OSC? Just curious, considering the price difference.

Aside from the fact that Touch OSC hasn't been updated in more than a year.

• Yes you can edit in the app on your iDevice

• does it allow cable connect ?

• @syrupcore it's the special sOSCse. :D

@kobamoto said:

does it allow cable connect ?

If you mean wired connection yes it does i've used it with a wired usb hub and iconnectmidi but you need wireless for Reaktor and OSC.

• Oh, thanks fellas. Didn't realize that had changed. Well, now I'm out of reasons to not buy it...

Jerks.

• edited December 2014

@syrupcore said:

Oh, thanks fellas. Didn't realize that had changed. Well, now I'm out of reasons to not buy it...

Jerks.

I believe Enablers is the proper and correct term these days....

• edited December 2014

Deleted

• Sorry, wrong thread. Too many cervejas....

• edited December 2014

^ Don't click that. S/he has two total comments here and you're looking at them.

• edited December 2014

@Syrup, I agree. I've been here for some time (nearly 2 years), just not a big poster. It was an attempt to pass along something good. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me (you have to make the posts first before you find that out). So yes, don't click it. It doesn't appear to be malicious, just junk. Sorry guys (and girls).

• Please pardon my hyperactive spamdar. You can edit your post to remove the link.

• @syrupcore said:

Please pardon my hyperactive spamdar. You can edit your post to remove the link.

Done. And no worries :)

• edited December 2014

I just got this and I'm loving it so far.

The CC step sequencer templates from the User Library alone are worth the price to me.
    Seems to Sync well too, although I haven't loaded/modified any really extensive patches yet.

My only minor issue so far is that I'm not able to try the 'LiveControl 2' template, as it seems the link from the website is kaputt at the moment.
    Can anyone confirm this? (or does anyone have a copy of the template they could upload in the meantime?)

• I can't comment on the LiveControl link but I always had problems connecting it. As mentioned above Touchable 3 is the way to go especially with its new usb wired connection.

As for Lemur, I prefer to use it for the physics and multiple MIDI control. There's a great turnado loopy template which shows how utilitarian Lemur can be for iOS. Imagine being able to control your whole audiobus chain from one screen! Plus with evolving sounds through physics (xy balls mapped to turnado is so much fun)