Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that throw IAA node errors in Audioshare

This morning I attempted to use Elastic Drums and then Yellofier as IAA generators (i.e. pre-FX) in Audioshare and they both threw the same error: "Could not create IAA node: Error -1."

I was going to collect a list and email it to both @j_liljedahl and the individual developers to let them know about the issue, so I thought I would check here and see if anyone else has run into the same issue with apps that I don't own.

Thanks!

Comments

• I've run into this a couple of times with AudioShare and various apps but it doesn't happen every time, it's feels like a little 'random' error?!

Usually this is solved by quitting all apps in question and if that doesn't help, reboot he iPhone/iPad (after quitting all apps since iOS remembers which apps where open when rebooting).

• ^ I ended up rebooting, but I was able to get Elastic Drums and Yellofier to throw the same error consistently even after rebooting. It was repeatable with both, so that's why I decided to ask.

• @papertiger said:

^ I ended up rebooting, but I was able to get Elastic Drums and Yellofier to throw the same error consistently even after rebooting. It was repeatable with both, so that's why I decided to ask.

Yellofier throws up an error for me too...
    Most of the time though when messing around with Yellofier i just export the audio straight into AudioShare...

• ^ Of course, but that's not how I'm looking to work with it.

On my commutes in I like to load up apps in Audioshare that I can process mic input through. So I was hoping to use Yellofier in the gen slot, record some sounds, sequence, effect, then record the output of that chain into Audioshare if I want to. I do this all the time with other apps (Apesoft, AUFX, etc.), so I was sad that Yellofier did not work.

• Luckily they are both made by the same developer so when the new version of AudioShare gets approved the issue might already be fixed :)

• I was thinking/hoping for the same thing. I trust in Jonatan. He's responsive so I don't doubt that the issues will be fixed if they're on Audioshare's end.

...and where IS that update anyway? It's been in review for ages, it seems. Perhaps the file sharing extensions he coded in are giving Apple agita?

• All i know that AudioShare has been submitted to Apple for Review...
    I'm hoping before christmas :)