Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drummer App as in Garageband/Logic

edited December 2014 in General App Discussion

For some time, I've been producing and recording my music on iPad just fine. I can do almost anyhting on an iPad. The only hassle I face is when it comes to laying down the drum track. I usually like to have a natural sounding acoustic kit with organic feel and lots of progession... Have tried DrumJam, Drum Perfect, Rock Drum Machine, Drums HD and really liked them all for certain reasons. But what I really really like to see is an iOs version of the Drummer feature as in Garageband/Logic. That would make me completely computer free. I'm badly hoping for some developer (or maybe Apple) to bring it in.... Anyway, did I miss any drum apps that creates drumtracks like the Drummer feature?

Comments

• I haven't found anything, I bought DrumJam thinking it did this but it doesn't really.

• Still chasing that Holy Grail myself.

• I'm surprised Apple hasn't included Drummer on iOS GarageBand, at least as an IAP. Underserved market = $$$. Still, DrumPerfect is easily tops of what we've got for me. True, it's hard to look forward to sequencing every last beat, but I do love the control, probability and realism.

• Not exactly what you're looking for, but another good choice for acoustic drums.

DrumStudio: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id453405042?mt=8

• Mmm the import from midi file might be useful for tweaking my midi drum file collection in Drum Studio.

• From DrumPerfect Facebook page -

'While waiting for 1.05 to be approved, work on 1.06 has started. Adding a 16 instrument live pad view.'

Looks like we'll be able to play more than we need to sequence!

• edited December 2014

While I am a drum laggard, someone mentioned recently (apologies for lack of credit) the use of DrumPerfect as the cake and DrumJam as the frosting/icing and I've found that to be a pretty good combination.

• Thank you all. Well I hope apple will include drummer in a near future update. @telecharge thanks I will check DrumStudio out. I am also curious about the DrumPerfect update. So far DrumPerfect and Rock Drum Machine are the closest ones to my needs...

• I have drumperfect but I can't get it to keep me interested. I know that its super powerful and the editing options are good, but by the time I get something useful going, either my inspiration runs out, or i ran out of time.
    Rock drum machine on the other hand is Instant drum track gratification! Push ply and your rocking and laying down a track fast...
    I hope the developer can get DP tweaked where we can have a novice or advanced user setting. That will greatly help those of us non drummers get something going fast while giving us the ability to go advanced when needed.
    I don't have a mac so I haven't seen the drum program you're mentioning but it sounds interesting.

• Yup, I can not wait to see what happens with Rock Drum Machine. It just keeps getting better and is already my favorite drum app. So much potential to become the best drum app for my ipad if not there already!

• How is DrumPerfect for drum and bass or breakbeat or trip-hop or downtempo? Ok... Not for rock.

• edited December 2014

@Macao95 I really like DrumPerfect, but it wouldn't be my first choice for those styles. It shines with acoustic drums. I would be looking at the various drum machine apps for EDM stuff.

• Seriously? I thought applying affects over acoustic drums, maybe not all, would get me near.
    Why EDM, can I ask? I usually don't feel an attraction for EDM drums but I don't really know EDM so...

Thank you

• EDM = electronic dance music, a general category for the styles/genres you listed.

• @Macao95 FWIW, I put together a sort of hybrid EDM/acoustic sounding kit in Gadget for more techno-oriented tracks, and sequence DrumPerfect only for the Rock and Roll.