Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alesis V49 controller

edited December 2014 in General App Discussion

Does anyone know if the Alesis V49 is compatible with iPad? I'm after a no nonsense controller. I've found that the more knobs and sliders I have, the more time I spend arsing about.
Looking at either the Roland A49 (£119) or the Alesis V49 (£74). I know the Roland is compatible and the keys are of typical Roland quality. But I also like the look of the Alesis too. Anyone tried one? Cheers.

Comments

• What precisely do you mean by compatible with the iPad? And how do you intend to connect it up?

A class compliant controller is going to be your best bet. I can't imagine that the basic functions of the Alesis would not work with iPad apps, but anything beyond that is a guess.

• @AndyE - I have an Alesis Q49, and I connect it to my iPad with the Apple camera connection kit. It works seamlessly with most apps. I really like the overall simplicity of the controller, and the keyboard plays reasonably well. It's nothing fancy, but very serviceable and great value for the money, in my opinion.

• Before I purchased a Samson Carbon 49 I came very close to getting the Roland A49. I am extremely happy with the Samson but am interested in opinions for the hell of it of the A49 . If you end up with one please let us know your opinion on it.

• Thanks for your posts. Tritonman2, I will probably get a Roland A49 after Christmas as I know it's plug and play, doesn't require drivers ( that's what I meant when I asked if V49 was ipad compatible).
    I would expect the feel of the keyboard to be superior on the Roland, but who knows? Not interested in encoders or sliders. The fewer the better. I already have a Arturia analog 32 key. Don't like the feel at all and I seem to spend all my time fiddling with it and not enough time actually playing. So I'm after a keyboard that is ipad compatible (class compliant, no drivers) with a good feel and a clutter free layout. Will let you know how I get on with the Roland unless someone points me in a different direction.

• I can confirm it does work - Dawsons Music in Leeds let me try before buying.
    Although usb cable it shipped with didn't work.

Very happy so far, looks and feels like it should cost more. Prefer it to irig keys and has an extra octave to go at (plus pads and knobs!)

• Same doubt here, same need: A simple 49 Midi keyboard to use with iPad and Ableton!
    Choices left are:

• Novation Lunchkey 49 (I have a Mini and I m happy with it)
    • Alesis v49 / vi49

I m tempted toward the Alesis, but still not sure about how it connects with the iPad!

Thanks in advance for any advise!