Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

All we Need Now for 2014 is Samplr!

damn it feels good to see people up on it :)

Comments

• Any day now, been in review for 5 days already

• 8 days average these days

http://appreviewtimes.com

• can't wait. in brad pitts voice 'what's in the box Marcos, what's in the box'...

• As long as it's AB2 compatible, and not a human head, I'll be pleased with it.

• edited December 2014

I'm ready for the drop

• Sorry, don't know how to remove the picture. The one on the right is IT!

• either thats a big ass sound card or that's an iPad mini?

• @boone51 said:

As long as it's AB2 compatible, and not a human head, I'll be pleased with it.

Now I'm going to be disappointed if it isn't a human head. Thanks.

• Fingers crossed for the AB-compatible human head.

• I just hope the head can pan right and left, and edit samples

• @supadom said:

I'm ready for the drop

what controler is that in the pic on the right?

• I was kind of wondering the same thing Thomas.

• It's a Reloop Keypad

• yes, look every evening @ my pad if its there......

• What am I missing here? Don't we already have Samplr?

• @asnor said:

What am I missing here? Don't we already have Samplr?

We have Samplr on IOS 7 with a fairly drunk clock sync and not working in AB in IOS 8 afaik.

• @Thomas said:

@supadom said:

I'm ready for the drop

what controler is that in the pic on the right?

Yes it is reloop keypad. Very similar to akai mpk mini apart from having a vast amount of extra knobs and buttons. I still have to work out how to make it send program change messages, other than that it is a porta-treasure.

• edited December 2014

@supadom said:

@asnor said:

What am I missing here? Don't we already have Samplr?

We have Samplr on IOS 7 with a fairly drunk clock sync and not working in AB in IOS 8 afaik.

Oooooh, ok. Thanks. :)

• Plus we are wondering what other goodies could come with this update.

• The last App I need for this year is that AudioShare...

My biggest nag about Samplr was/is the inability to properly trim Samples and AudioShare will cure that :)

• This is freaking awesome!

• Looks like some serious fun!

• Show off. Just (very) jealous. Of the setup, but also using the mixer app productively :) Still haven't really figured out how to integrate that one....

• Oh just great...an app I haven't seen yet...sigh. Here we go again.

• After having spent about 2 hours with this impressions are a mixed bag.

It is absolutely lush to have this amount of control and not having to prioritize. I also managed to have program change messages sent by the pads as I used to with mpk minis.
    One potential problem could be that the top infinite knobs are of a slow kind. I'm not sure what that is. I presume since the controller has been built for Ableton I expect they might be intended for paning? Dunno. Anyhow the rest of knobage is as fast as I'm used to. Pads are as good as mpk, possibly better. It is nice to have the transport buttons finally assigned to...transport in loopy.
    Also the keyboard is like the one in mpk mini but maybe less spongy which I find a bit better but not hugely.

The bad bits:

I get occasional stuck notes, the latency at times is suspect (no crackling though), mimix app at times defaults all output channels to main mix without an apparent reason. This sucks because I was hoping to send the click track to the drummer.

So generally good impressions and I can see this board rocking with Ableton but the stuck notes are suspect as it has never happened to me with mpk minis.

Off to band practice, I'll report further when I have more data.

• @supadom said:

I'm ready for the drop

>
    Hi
    Are the reloop yours? Is it good do you recommend it?

• Im between Novation Launchkey 25 and That reloop but i hear is very plastic