Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Figure update: 8 new synth patches

I think 4 new leads and 4 new bass.

I'd be interested in what people think.

Comments

• Very good! More info? ;P

Hinestly best 69p i think i ever spent, ever! Haven't gone through the leads yet but the basses sound great. I wonder when reason will make it's way to ioS.

• Vuuury noice.

• Thanks for the heads-up.

• They suck you in with the promise of new patches then they take away your access to .figure files unless you're willing to sign over your rights to their community. Screw them!

• @asnor I've never peeked; what is in the .figure files?

• edited December 2014

@asnor said:

They suck you in with the promise of new patches then they take away your access to .figure files unless you're willing to sign over your rights to their community. Screw them!

>

Really? Wow. That doesn't seem right.

• yeah,screw them for still updating their 69p app from time to time.Joking apart,what can you do with that .figure files?

• The ".figure" files are Figure song files. It used to be we could get to them in the iTunes sharing thing and transfer them to an archive, another device, or a friend. Now the only way to get access to them is to sign up with their online sharing community and, in doing so, grant the entire community, including Propellerheads, the right to use your songs however they want.

If you want to the details,

• tap "Share" in Figure and
    • then "Sign Up";
    • at the bottom of the screen you will see "by logging in you accept the Terms of Service."
    • tap on "Terms of Service" and read section 3.

Anyway, I'm not against a communal, artist, sharing type thing, but they don't give you a choice; if you want access to your files, you give up your rights. No thanks.

• edited December 2014

redundant

• Do you have/use ifunbox?Should be easy to copy the document folder to your desktop then.

• https://www.propellerheads.se/agreements/#terms-of-service

Go down to section 3 to read the agreement. Bit of a peculiar move by Propellerhead, but you can still copy and paste loops from Figure and share them that way.

• @Crabman said:

Do you have/use ifunbox?Should be easy to copy the document folder to your desktop then.

hmmm...will look into that. Thanks!

• It's a free desktop app (there is one with the same name on iOS,don't buy it buy accident!) and gives you access to all the apps filesystem.I hate iTunes anyway and use it only for syncing my music library.For all other tasks i use iFunbox (or Dropbox for pics etc..)

• iMazing (used to be DiskAid) also works well for this purpose.

• You can still Airdrop them I hope??

• edited December 2014

That license is awful and completely opposed to the financial livelihood of artists. Hence, I'm completely opposed to spending any more money on Propellerhead products. I'd hate to fund their efforts to destroy the earning potential of musicians.

Hopefully younger musicians don't fall into this trap, and the continuing desecration of the value of music doesn't take yet another step downward.

I still like Figure itself, but now I'm using it as a sound source for the audio to midi function in Ableton Live.

• Had a play with the new patches earlier. There are some decent new bass ones. A nice kind of subby square sounding one and some ressy ones. I like using figure to come up with simple, hopefully catchy, basslines.

The leads all sound a bit "full on super saw" like to me. Very 'main room' house focused as far as I could hear.

However the nice thing with Figure is the "tweak" parameters allow you to change the sound quite a lot and the new leads I tried all let you change the decay so you can make things quite plucky and stabby. Automation over your pattern is also really, really easy.

For 69p (1 dollar) it's a total no brainer. And if I used a DAW with IAA (I don't) I'd probably use it all the time.

Hopefully you can "iFunBox" the .figure files (I'm sure you can). But not a deal breaker for me. I'm basically only ever going to use it as a quick loop maker.

I wish, however, they gave you the option of exporting the tail on the loop. I like the FX you can achieve quickly in Figure and don't want to have to turn them off. The only option now is recording into another app and hitting stop on the pattern exactly at the end.

• Matt, when you export via iTunes you do get the tail, not sure about AudioCopy.

• Oh really? Thanks. That's good to know. You don't with Audio copy.

• Wait...So it looks like ACP is now gone from Figure? What a load of Cr@p. I loved using Figure, but now it's usefulness is completely gone. And you used to be able to export the song file to Dropbox, which made transferring between devices (and sharing files) awesome. Wow, this is like 100 steps backwards in the wrong direction. What a way to completely kill and app that was showing lots of promise with continued updates.

• @peanut_gallery AudioCopy is still there, on the browse page.

• Thanks for the tip. They've really hidden that feature. What a PITA.

• @peanut_gallery said:

Thanks for the tip. They've really hidden that feature. What a PITA.

A lot of apps bury AudioCopy/Paste. It actually makes more sense than live recording for a lot of music production purposes, but it's a holdover from an earlier era where we didn't have AudioBus or IAA at all, so a lot of developers assume nobody uses it. Which is absolutely not true.

• ^ This a 1000 times. Giving us a chicken but hiding the eggs.

• Anyone discovered if the dropbox export is hiding somewhere? I'm guessing that might include the fx tail (unlike audiocopy).

• Nope i can't see it, was it there before?

• The user manual I have read doesn't mention Dropbox export.