Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video - Sparkle by apeSoft OUT NOW

Comments

• I'm going to have it as soon as it comes out. :)

• It is really quite good, kind of cross between vocoder and sample manipulation. It can make some immensely crazy sounds

• Sold. I thoroughly enjoy ApeFilter.

• When I was researching Amon Tobin and his workflow I found some speculating that he uses something called Kyma Pacarana. Maybe you know it. I don't remember it so well now. And the keywords were spectral morph.

Do you think this sounds somewhat similar to those type of sounds?

PS. I lost myself a bit writing this with hours of gap.

• Nice video - it shows what the app does more than the official vid.

One of my favourite developers so I'll probably get this, though my iPad struggles with their apps a bit.

• Yes. Nice video.

• Wonderful - thank you for posting. Even more excited.

• @TedBPhx Yeah I recently got apefilter too, best filters on iOS I think

• @Macao95 I'm not sure about that Kyma thing. I think that was some kind of very expensive modular Audio effect computer. It may well have had some spectral manipulation thing. Amon Tobin definitely makes some good sounds.

• @Macao95
    Yes amon tobin uses the spectral morphing features in Kyma on a lot of his sounds. Kyma has examples on their website of the spectral morph abilities, but the crazy thing with Kyma is you can build big modular type patches with the abilities and create crazy unique stuff.. Always wanted one but too damn expensive :(
    So I'm pumped for this app, instabuy as soon as it hits the store

• :) Exactly my thoughts. There was a pc version and I think they have an app to control it. Kyma Control or something. But this is the closer we can get on ios.
    we'll talk later, when it actually comes out.

• edited December 2014

@RedSkyLullaby As mentioned above, nice video. I vote for apesoft to beg you to do a series on their back catalog. Particularly look forward to this as I have been having fun struggling with the (lack of) size of Turnado and while this is a different beast, in terms of the soundscape possibilities it immediately looks huge on screen (compared to Turnado :) and thus.....Thanks etc.

• @Buska said:

@Macao95
    Yes amon tobin uses the spectral morphing features in Kyma on a lot of his sounds. Kyma has examples on their website of the spectral morph abilities, but the crazy thing with Kyma is you can build big modular type patches with the abilities and create crazy unique stuff.. Always wanted one but too damn expensive :(
    So I'm pumped for this app, instabuy as soon as it hits the store

Sorry for writing this here but I thought it wouldn't be serious.

@Buska have you tried FM4? I still have to play it properly but at least last night it sounded a bit like those sounds in isam. I'm Very happy with it.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

Demo I made of Sparkle by iVCS3 developer apeSoft, is in review and should be out this week.

just wondering if this app is still on schedule to be released this week. apologies in advance for my impatience. :D

• Should be out before x-mas ...

• @lala said:

Should be out before x-mas ...

Awesome. I can't wait! :D

• I don't think my brain can take any more big releases this month...

• @monzo said:

I don't think my brain can take any more big releases this month...

Stiff upper lip!

• @papertiger said:

@monzo said:

I don't think my brain can take any more big releases this month...

Stiff upper lip!

My lips go all wobbly when I see a new Apesoft app for sale. TAKE ALL MY MONEY

• ^ lol - same. I load up Audisharw with Apesoft effects and record my commutes. Wonderful textures!

• @papertiger said:

^ lol - same. I load up Audisharw with Apesoft effects and record my commutes. Wonderful textures!

I'd like to hear that - do you ever put them up on Soundcloud? I like that sort of thing.

• ^I typically do not post them onto Soundcould because the intention is for them to serve as foundations for my songs, or at least fodder for samplers. PM me if you're interested, though. I wouldn't mind sharing (I've shared with @JohnnyGoodyear, I think), I would just rather not post for all.

• Yeah thanks, I'd like to hear them. I'll send you a PM later - can't seem to do it via mobile...

• ^ can always email me: 12bitlibrarian aaaaaaat ur gmail door com

• @papertiger said:

^ can always email me: 12bitlibrarian aaaaaaat ur gmail door com

Careful! you know them pesky spammers scrape that syntax exactly...? ;)

• Great video, thanks @redskylullaby. Apesoft/AmazingNoises do seem to be on a tear lately :)

• Yeah, Apefilter is excellent also and I have not seen it mentioned that much anywhere.
    The 99c Limiter also really good

• Sparkle finally in App Store today

• Here's a SoundCloud track created using BitWiz filtered through Sparkle and FLUX:FX via Audiobus into Audioshare.