Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria FabFilter Holiday Sale (25% discount)

edited December 2014 in General App Discussion

"FabFilter has announced their annual Holiday Sale, a 25% discount off their plug-ins...which includes all of their Auria offerings!

This sale is now live in the Auria store, and will run through the end of the year."

[Reposted from Auria Forum]

Comments

• So, are the sale prices the ones shown in the store in the app? I can't remember what the original prices were / are :-/

• Thanks Washboy, I have been waiting for this.

• edited December 2014

@MusicInclusive good question. The PSP plug-in sale displayed the 'full price' but only showed the 50% off when asking to confirm your purchase. Asinine marketing I'm afraid. But The Fabs are indeed Fab if any folks haven't filled their boots yet...

• edited December 2014

I managed to save myself a fortune this year, I did this by buying every single Auria plugin when they were on sale last year.

I'm looking forward to making similar savings next year.

• @johnnygoodyear Odd, the PSP sale prices showed on my iPad during their recent sale.

FWIW, the FabFilter sale prices are currently showing for me as well (Air 1, 7.1.2).

• Which ones are best? ...you know, for someone that only owns a few PSP plugs :-D

• "Which ones are best? ...you know, for someone that only owns a few PSP plugs :-D"

Ya, let's hear it again! I know I've read a lot of opinions on this, but, I would like to hear some more!!!!!!

• @thomas There are lots of really really comprehensive youtube videos for the desktop versions of each FabFilter plugin (and they're basically a 1:1 feature parity in Auria).

They have workhorse plugs (EQ, Comp...) and some creativity plugs (Timeless, Saturn...) but part of what makes FabFilter so well loved is that the workhorse plugs can be used very creatively and the creativity plugs can be used to solve mundane audio problems.

It really depends on what you want/need but I'll vote anyway:
    Workhorse: ProQ
    Creativity: Timeless

• @JohnnyGoodyear - actually - the PSP plugin was showing at 1/2 price in the Auria app store page for me when I did it. I picked up MicroWarmer at $9.99 and that's what it showed. Now it's back to $19.99

So, I'm looking to pick up Pro-G and it shows $22.99 - so I'm wondering if that's 25% off $29.99

Anyone confirm? I just can't recall what its original price was ! :-)

• @Thomas I have all the Pro- series plugins, most purchased during their last sale. They're all top shelf, I guess needs tend to dictate which ones are must-haves. I'd say the Pro-C and Pro-Q are indispensable. Auria's PSP channel strips are very handy, but a dedicated compressor and EQ are IMO essential when precision is needed. I'd definitely consider the DS if you mix vocals at all.

What I don't have are the other 4 ... Taking a good long look at Timeless!

@MusicInclusive Comfirmed. Everything's showing at reduced prices. 29.99 is retail for most of the Pro plugins.

• Mercifully I already own most of these. The one I don't own is Micro. Not even sure what it does, and I refuse to watch a video on it for fear that it may be awesome.

• I try to buy Micro but dosen't works :-(

• Timeless is great @eustressor :-) And thanks for the confirmation. (Y)

• I'm tempted by the pro-l and timeless, in two minds about the pro-q as I would love to get pro-q2 but not sure about the status of updates in auria, I don't even want to think how much I've spent in the last few weeks.

• ProL doesn't get talked about much, but its very powerful.

• edited December 2014

You got to collect em all.

Workhorse: ProQ. Creativity: Volcano.

• @boone51 said:

ProL doesn't get talked about much, but its very powerful.

Best limiter out right now, on iOS or desktop. Pro-Q would be my first recommendation for people though, it's just so much better than the default psp one in Auria IMO.

• @Tarekith said:

@boone51 said:

ProL doesn't get talked about much, but its very powerful.

Best limiter out right now, on iOS or desktop. Pro-Q would be my first recommendation for people though, it's just so much better than the default psp one in Auria IMO.

Better than bx or Xenon???

• @Tarekith Please nudge me just the slightest bit. ProL aint cheap, but I'm awful easy. Only concern is will it make THAT much of a difference in these very ordinary hands?

• Yes, by far better than Xenon (which I also use on the desktop sometimes), no idea on BX.

Will it make a difference? No idea what you're current tools or skill set are, so impossible to say. At the very least you not be able to blame the tools if you go with pro L. The desktop version has a free demo that works identical, might be worth trying that first if you're unsure.

• If this looks interesting to you, go for it :)

• Thanks so much!

• $22.90 is the price one sale for Pro-D (and Pro-G, Pro-L, Pro-MB) right?

• Pro-L and Pro-MB are $29.99 on sale. Most of the others are $22.90, except a few cheaper ones.

• Question, Which Auria Plug-ins are best for the Mixing phase? What do y'all use for mixing?

Thanks!

• I don't record into auria often, only mixing, so any plugins I use I think are useful. Pro-q is definitely the one to get though if you only buy one as there is no duplicate that comes with auria. Mid side mode allows for some cool things with eq, and I find it easy to use.

I got pro-c about 2 months ago but haven't really dug into it too much yet because I haven't had much time to mix. It's on my list of things to work on in the "winter gig lull."

Timeless is a very cool delay. I do have Saturn, which is great, but I don't use it too much. When I have it works really well.

Hope that was helpful.

• Thanks @mrufino1! You bet, helpful indeed. Pro-q is one I have my eye on.

• I love the results I get with Fab, but also know I am only scratching the surface; a nice combo. Agree with Mister Rufino: Perfect thing for a Winter Lull if all these darn developers would just give us a moment's rest....

• So, with the gift cards I recieved for Christmas I was able to nab Pro-Q, Pro-L, Pro-C, and Pro-DS, I may still get Pro-G. I ahve been reading a lot lately about using EQ in mixing, and was wondering thoughts on this:

I've been learning about the Frequencies the instruments I typically use fall into. And how to go about cutting certain ones, to allow each instrument to shine through the mix.

My question is, what works good/best for you? Knowing the frequency of your vocals, cymbals, guitar, bass, and working to cut or boost those frequencies, or doing more of a visual manipulation with the EQ points? If I can get "it" to sound good and sit well within the mix, is that ok?

• I'd also appreciate some EQ pointers.