Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

microSketch

anyone tried this? Would love some feedback:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsketch/id945568533?mt=8

Comments

• wow, surprised it hasn't been mentioned here once. (searching for it...)

• Hmmm. Looks interesting. Anyone played it/heard it?

• Looks like it just dropped 4 Dec. I haven't heard anything about it.

• I watched the demo on the developer's site and most of the notes were totally out of tune.

• edited December 2014

@syrupcore said:

I watched the demo on the developer's site and most of the notes were totally out of tune.

..it's an app designed for the use of micro tuning and scales outside of equal-temperment.

Has nobody read the description?

MicroSketch is a music app for playing and experimenting with equal divisions of the octave. The division can be anything from 7 to 96. The app is polyphonic up to the capabilities of your device's processor (typically 24 voices) and multi-timbral with 16 'instrumental' timbres. The instruments are all fully synthesized (no samples!) using subtractive, additive, frequency modulation, the Karplus-Strong string model, VoSim, and granular synthesis techniques.

The keyboard can have a variable number of keys arranged in a square from 5 by 5 up to 15 by 15. The keyboard is isomorphic, with the horizontal and vertical interval set independently for each instrument. Other properties of the instruments can also be set independently, like the pan position, amplitude, and reverb mix amount. The bottom note
    for each instrument can also be set. Each instrument can be set in 'Sustain' mode, where a
    key touch turns a note on, and another key touch releases the note. For some instruments,
    the 'Sustain' mode gives you a variation on that instrument.

• edited December 2014

:)

(Irony, lost on the Internet, all that)

• I wonder if Doug might be inclined to give it the once over? Sure would like to know more about it. Their videos don't exactly clue you in on the details.

• I know someone must have had a chance to check this out by now! :)

anyone?

• I'm also curious about some reviews of this app. It has my attention, tho it would be an instant buy if it had midi output.

• Too bad the videos on the devlopers website don't do a good job informing.

• Plus they are the only videos...soundtestroom?

• Can't get in touch with the dev

• I just went ahead and bought it to give it a shot and maybe report back. It has an option to use OSC but I can't figure out how to set it up to talk to my iMac on OSX. Can anyone outline the steps to do this please? Say, in either Reaktor or Logic 9?