Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget and Module Updates Live.

In App Store Now

Comments

• In App Store Now. Something weird hapened to my photos.lol.

• Anyone try the 'export all tracks' option yet? Hopefully will make it much easier to export to Auria, etc.

• @busker said:

Anyone try the 'export all tracks' option yet? Hopefully will make it much easier to export to Auria, etc.

Hoping

• Finally they fix the tail thats cool

• Gadget works in Audiobus now, but must be started outside AB first,

• edited December 2014

Export all. Early Christmas indeed if it's kosher (which would be Hanukkah, but you get the idea....)

• edited December 2014

Export all tracks? Do they mean all at once or something? Some awkward translation going on there.

Looks like this update is mainly for the Module crashes, with a few things thrown in. The option for no tail on exports is nice, because it cuts out an extra editing step if you want to use a sample from Gadget in Abu Dhabi. Though yes I realize you could just leave the tail and still have it work.

Module sale ends Thursday. Still haven't got it, and am tempted just because I know I will probably get it sometime down the road.

• edited December 2014

I think this is functionality Mister Syrup has been calling for whereby one of the export options is to Export All tracks as separate entities but in one shot. Doesn't do so for 'copy', but you can send them to Dropbox and open in from there. Not exactly a direct 'open in', but a start. Especially as regards transferring them to your desktop. Takes time (via dropbox), but no more than making a cup of tea...

• Went ahead and bought Module, must admit it's pretty cool in Gadget even if I'm not all that into "traditional" instruments. With the effects they can be transformed into non-traditional sounds. :)

One thing I noticed is that now all the IAP gadgets will shift to a new slot when you go and select them from the list. Doesn't appear to effect anything, but previously they (Bilbao and Abu Dhabi) stayed at the bottom, and now they all shuffle around at the top. Not a big deal, but initially I thought one went missing, before I figured out it was at the top of the list.

Gadget is awesome. That is all.

• Unfortunately Module is still broken in Edit mode when using the expansion pack:

• Peter,have you tried it in airplane mode?

• edited December 2014

@commonstookie said:

Peter,have you tried it in airplane mode?

Nope, but I will do that. However, this should not happen on a freshly booted Air 2, even when on Wifi.

• edited December 2014

Just tested in Airplane Mode, same problem :-(

• @Peter321 said:

Just tested in Airplane Mode, same problem :-(

Have you tried zooming out? Maybe that will help until it's fixed.

• edited December 2014

@Peter321 said:

Unfortunately Module is still broken in Edit mode when using the expansion pack...

Just tested this on my Air, iOS 8.1.1, Gadget and Module up to date, with the Wurley expansion (I don't have the grand piano expansion). Didn't glitch on me. Seems like it might be that specific expansion pack that has problems, or (gasp!) your Air 2.

Edit: Or maybe it's iOS 8.1.2. Was not aware iOS updated.

• tried the update on ipad air 2 ios 8.1.1 & 8.1.2 and all 3 latency settings and still get the same glitch bug described by Peter321....hope it gets fixed asap :(

• edited December 2014

@mgmg4871 said:

Gadget works in Audiobus now, but must be started outside AB first,

So, 1.- Open Gadget, 2.- Open AB. Isn't?

Thanks.

CHECHED: First, open AB, next, open Gagdet. The other way produces no sound at all.

• Gadget also works in IAA, which didn't before.

• @bixnood said:

Gadget also works in IAA, which didn't before.

That is indeed good news but also the stem export and tail option.Neat little update although maybe not that good for buyers of module...

• Is anyone using Gadget with the iPad 2? I have one with iOS 7 and I'm thinking about buying it while it's on sale.

• @Misirlou said:

Is anyone using Gadget with the iPad 2? I have one with iOS 7 and I'm thinking about buying it while it's on sale.

Yes, I have used it for months on iPad2. If you are running about 4 or maybe 5 Gadgets simultaneously, it will almost always be fine. I think even Korg tells you that you are pushing things if you try more than that on an iPad2. But CPU performance generally hasn't been a concern for me with Gadget. If anything, the fact that you can have a fully self-contained project with no AB or IAA hookups makes it easier to work with than hooking up multiple apps.

As long as you understand that the days of iOS7 (and the usefulness of the iPad2 for newer apps) are numbered, Gadget will work great on iPad2. Note that Gadget Module requires iOS8, so that portion of it is a no-go. But I just downloaded the new Gadget update yesterday on iOS7 that allows for single Gadget exporting (and trails!) by ACP, so it's still improving.

• @fjcblanco said:

@mgmg4871 said:

Gadget works in Audiobus now, but must be started outside AB first,

So, 1.- Open Gadget, 2.- Open AB. Isn't?

Thanks.

CHECHED: First, open AB, next, open Gagdet. The other way produces no sound at all.

I brought this to Korg's attention and it looks like they're having a look at it now. Gotta love Korg. :)

• nice contacts Sebastian, please ask them to have account here, it might be better, ha?

• Okay, thanks Storm! I'll look into it then, seems like a fun app to make some fun stuff.

• Forgot mention this: iPad4, iOS 7.1.2.

Gadget sounds until you open AB and try to record to AudioShare. The sound is gone.

At least with this update you can record something...

• @Misirlou said:

Is anyone using Gadget with the iPad 2? I have one with iOS 7 and I'm thinking about buying it while it's on sale.

iPad 3, iOS 7 here. I can only open the first 4 demo songs (out of 8) due to not being supported for my device. Not sure how complex those last 4 demos are but my simple projects have not been an issue.

• @peter321 I get dropouts with the cinema presets as well. I think it's just the newer reverb algo that those sounds are drenched in, along with the high RAM usage of the samples that's just a bit too much when starting to move around/editing things live. I'm on Air. It could of course just be something un-optimized that they'll be able to fix (which would be llleely great!).

• edited December 2014

Update from Korg:

"our development teams has been able to reproduce this issue and they are currently working on a fix for it. This will be introduced via an update in due course."

• I just realized the"export all tracks"option is not available for the ACP app.Would not say it's useless to me as it is but pretty close.Good thing is,i already have all the samples i need in Gadget and can safely delete Audio Copy now.Again.