Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Taktile scene sets are for Triton Taktile

I just purchased a Korg Taktile 49, since with the new version 2.0 software it has a low power mode for iPad and the advertise it as working with Gadget.

However I can't load the Scene data they supply on their web site, as these seem to be for TRITON Taktile (the version with TRITON sounds build ind). I don't know why you would want that version for Gadget so it seems like a major f*ck-up by Korg.

Does anybody know how if it's possible to load scenes for TRITON Taktile into a regular Taktile?

Comments

• edited November 2014

I figured it out - just rename the file sets from xxxxx.tr_taktile_data to xxxxx.taktile_data and it works :-)

Still, seems like Korg screwed up a bit here, but at least there is a workaround.

• @Peter321 Thanks for the post. Now that you have the taktile, what are you impressions of it and how well does it work with iPad and Gadget? Did you also get the legacy collections synths and are they of any use? I am looking at possibly a taktile but its slightly bigger expected -- I was hoping for something a little more compact.

• edited March 2015

I was wondering also because it looks like a really sweet machine. The Samson Graphite 49 looks sweet also for a bit less and I know some of our members here use it and had good things to say about that one. I have the carbon 49 and kinda wish I had got the graphite mowing that it can be powered from the iPad only.

• I'm very dissapointed actually. Because Gadget does not take advantage of Taktile.

The transport controls don't work, MIDI-sync does not work, so the build in arpeggiator is useless and there are now more gadgets than presets, so I find i easier to have one preset and use Gadgets MIDI-learn to map buttons and sliders (as i can't remember mapping for everything anyway).

But for now, it's just an expensive controller with no specific benefit other than having a low power mode so you can power it from the iPad. As far as Gadget goes, there's not specific benefit.