Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Friday Sales Thread!

I figure there'll be a few but feel free to add any deals here if you want.

All Virsyn apps on sale for 50% off until the 30th: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/virsyn/id382428644

Fill yer boots. :)

Comments

• Addictive synth is great I use that a lot. Might get Cube synth while it's on offer...

• This stretch here (Black Friday and perhaps into Xmas) is the best chance all year to see big time app sales. It happened last year just as I was getting into iOS music, but didn't know what things were yet.

Not too much I'm looking for by now though, as the ones that are on sale often have been on sale before. Perhaps some IAP's to clean up for the guitar apps, but those are already at 4.99 (JamUp) and frequently on sale. Too bad they didn't have the "Motherload" sale available when I got the app originally - both JamUp and AmpKit+ did that to respond to ToneStack.

• Taking another look at cubesynth now. I already have addictive and micro but do not use either a lot but they are capable apps for sure.

• Sounds different in the demos, and I like their arpggiators

• @monzo said:

Addictive synth is great I use that a lot. Might get Cube synth while it's on offer...

Seems appropriate given the name. :D

I'm thinking Tera but what is editing such a complex synth like on the iPads screen?

• @musikmachine said:

@monzo said:

Addictive synth is great I use that a lot. Might get Cube synth while it's on offer...

I'm thinking Tera but what is editing such a complex synth like on the iPads screen?

Just been looking at the Tera Synth videos....think I'm leaning towards Cube Synth as a favourite at the moment...

• @StormJH1 said:

This stretch here (Black Friday and perhaps into Xmas) is the best chance all year to see big time app sales. It happened last year just as I was getting into iOS music, but didn't know what things were yet.

Not too much I'm looking for by now though, as the ones that are on sale often have been on sale before. Perhaps some IAP's to clean up for the guitar apps, but those are already at 4.99 (JamUp) and frequently on sale. Too bad they didn't have the "Motherload" sale available when I got the app originally - both JamUp and AmpKit+ did that to respond to ToneStack.

Yeah i'm hoping to get all the apps i want or at least the big ones anyway then focus on learning them and discovering the bugs, er i mean range of beautiful sounds.

• @monzo said:

@musikmachine said:

@monzo said:

Just been looking at the Tera Synth videos....think I'm leaning towards Cube Synth as a favourite at the moment...

Both look good as well as ivoxel and Audio Reverb. I may have to give the vst counterparts a run. :)

• I'm hoping some of the more expensive apps go on sale like the $20 Nave and Z3ta. Do they ever go on sale?

• I'm a longtime fan of Addictive synth (Although Mini Tera and Cube are collecting dust but not because they are bad...they're just toooo bell focused for my taste.Don't know how to say better :)
    but i was sceptical first to buy Tera but the interface works quite well.And it sounds really REALLY good!!One of my Favorites currently.

• @mkell424 said:

I'm hoping some of the more expensive apps go on sale like the $20 Nave and Z3ta. Do they ever go on sale?

Yes, Nave has been 40% off and Z3TA+ has been 25% off. I expect to see both go on sale between now and the first of the year.

• If TC-Data, Z3ta, and CS-Spectral go on sale I'll be grabbing em.

• GlitchBreaks and Sliver are on sale - don't use GB much but Sliver's good for soundscapes.

• edited November 2014

Good iPad deals today at Best Buy - around $75 off several models.

$225 for mini Retina 16GB

$275 for 32GB

$321 for 64GB

$420 for 128GB

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ipad-mini-2-131508?nrp=15&cp=1&seeAll=&ref=67&loc=94C&CampaignID=651536

• edited November 2014

Not quite, yet, iOS related I guess. But SynthMaster are having a pretty amazing sale over at their site. The SynthMaster Player version, which will show up on iOS around Februari next year according to SynthMaster latest Intel is on sale for a meager $9. This contains 800 stunning, fresh presets, with up to 8 adjustable parameters plus effects (think Alchemy Mobile/Player).

So if you wanna check out this amazing sounding monster synth before it hits iOS, now is a good time.

The full versions are also 50% off. I personally bought the player, and upgraded to full the other day for only $38, plus bought some of the excellent expansions (which are also on sale). I dunno how I've missed this synth before, but it's the only synth that actually delivers on being able to cover lots of different synthesis methods, and have it all sound absolutely amazing. There are lots of other synths that claims to be "the only synth you need" (we have Thor and maybe some other on iOS), but they're all kinda toys in comparison to this beast. Truly amazing stuff.

Linkage http://www.synthmaster.com/

• @Crabman said:

I'm a longtime fan of Addictive synth (Although Mini Tera and Cube are collecting dust but not because they are bad...they're just toooo bell focused for my taste.Don't know how to say better :)
    but i was sceptical first to buy Tera but the interface works quite well.And it sounds really REALLY good!!One of my Favorites currently.

Cube kinda reminds of Loom from the demos which is a really nice additive synth, don't know about Mini Tera (thought it was cut down Tera?) but i may as well try the desktop demos. grin

Just got this email today: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/specialoffers/itunes-promotion.html

Seems good to save a few bucks on apps.

• @MusicInclusive said:

Good iPad deals today at Best Buy - around $75 off several models.

Looks like they are going to do $100 off of all models but the pricing will not update until tomorrow. Oddly, the Air and the Air 2 are about the same price. I'd rather get a deeper discount on the Air. :)

• @ChrisG That's funny, I just found out about SynthMaster myself about 2 weeks ago. I was thinking about getting the player (at $9 it's a no-brainer) but with the Thanksgiving sale the factory version is a fairly reasonable price.

Any suggestions on expansions? I'm liking the sound of the Nori Ubukata stuff (I'm more of an 80's revival kind of guy as opposed to modern/experimental electronic).

• @OmnilimbO said:

If TC-Data, Z3ta, and CS-Spectral go on sale I'll be grabbing em.

Oh yeaaah!!! :D

@crabman demoed Tera, forgot what a beast it was really nice synthesis options and that drive section; so sweet! iPad version actually looks easier to navigate never really was a fan of the Tera UI but it does still sound great.

• @busker I bought BIGTONE signature expansion, which has a quite diverse palette of sounds for any kind of style really, and all with BigTones quality, no real duds in that one IMO. Only have the world instruments from Ubukata, which mainly consist of a bunch of really nice Asian and middle eastern samples, going through SynthMasters various innards. I like it, but I'm also a total sucker for exotic/world/folk instruments. And finally Rob Lee EDM expansion 5, there's lots of EDM stuff in the factory already obviously, but this expansion have a whole bunch of really lush, wide, warm etc pads, so I went with that one.

The demos for Nori's various "vintage" expansions sounds really nice to me. But had to stop myself from getting anymore stuff. :) :(

• Hello :)

Animoog and Filtatron has just dropped to £2.99 and 69p!

• Synthmaster sounds amazing but looks like a mother to actually program. Like, everything that moved me away from soft synths on the desktop in the first place—8 million tiny knobs, tabs and menus. Still, at 50% off it's tempting because damn, it sounds so good.

• edited November 2014

Apogee has 20%-50% off a lot of its refurbished hardware: http://www.apogeedigital.com/blog/apogees-black-friday-sale-2014

Not sure if the percentages reflect refurb or non-refurb base pricing.

More general applish stuff here: http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/black-friday/

• @Carnbot said:

Hello :)

Animoog and Filtatron has just dropped to £2.99 and 69p!

I'm so glad I waited all this time! A friend of mine was like: "do you actually need it?"
    A: No, but... aaargh!

I'm happy.

• By the way, sorry... Are the IAP on sale as well? 'Cause I'm thinking I should get MIDI Expansion Pack. What is it? The name says it all?

• You say you do not need it now but just wait until you start looping animoog and exploring the depth. You will with out any doubt wonder why you did not sooner.

• Damn that filtatron, when it will be updated? Same for ReBirth.. Maybe never

• I just got the grateful dead expansion pack and the two moog expansions are really good also. Still considering the devine and midi expansion if they go on sale as well.