Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TSTR...iOS Community Music Special, Number 1

So here it is, and this first features the following artists

"Republic" by Matt Fletcher

"Eastern Uillean" by Colin Powell AKA Alter Ego UK

"God Jazz" by Horse Gas

"Good Luck" by Colin Swinney

"Rainbow Hug" by David Carter AKA Noise Horse

"Left Behind" by Russell Bradley AKA Funjunkie

"Paisley Daze" by Damon

"Peace Out" by Red Sky Lullaby

So originally I was going to explain a little about each track but it was too time consuming, so its just about the music mainly, hope you all enjoy the tracks and if you want yours featured in the next one send me the MP3

http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/radio/

If I have made any errors I apologize in advance

Comments

• let the music do the talking...

good man D.

• Thanks for featuring my track Doug, only thing I noticed is you attributed it to Noise Horse at the end but easily done with all those horses around!

I really like the show though, you've got a good voice for radio, and enjoying the mix you've put together :)

• @monzo said:

Thanks for featuring my track Doug, only thing I noticed is you attributed it to Noise Horse at the end but easily done with all those horses around!

I really like the show though, you've got a good voice for radio, and enjoying the mix you've put together :)

I kmow, I'm so sorry, I only noticed when I listened to the whole thing back, I shall correct my error in the next show when I play another of your wild pieces

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@monzo said:

Thanks for featuring my track Doug, only thing I noticed is you attributed it to Noise Horse at the end but easily done with all those horses around!

I kmow, I'm so sorry, I only noticed when I listened to the whole thing back, I shall correct my error in the next show when I play another of your wild pieces

No worries Doug, I'm chuffed to be included ;)

It's a really nice compilation, and the visuals work well too.

• Nice format Doug and it's nice to hear what others are creating/performing!

• Thanks and Colin is working on the video version too

• Amazing range of tunes on that episode. Kind of gets you back to actually listening to music instead of apping all the time. (Also compels me to try to make better music)

• Just coming in to say how impressive and inspiring I find these tunes. Thanks to Doug for putting it all together, and extra thanks to the composers for sharing their work!

• edited November 2014

I agree the music is impressive. Thanks to Doug and the artists on the radio show.

• Great job, Doug! Pleased to be featured as part of it! :)

• Really enjoyed this. Nice work @all involved.

Gotta say, I was a bit surprised by your really wonderful radio voice. Only thing I'd suggest is to keep the artist/song on the screen while it's playing with a link to find out more. Maybe not as a part of the video (sounds like a pain) but instead as those youtube link overlays. I found myself trying to sort out who was who as I listened on and was taken by some bit of a tune. That's normal for radio so no big deal but seeing as the tools are there, maybe you guys can find the time to add it.

• Just got to listening to this. Well done Doug and well done People. Looking forward to Epi Two.

• Wow great stuff really shows variety of what can be done and professional productions you can squeeze from an ipad. I am pretty sure other than us app nerds most people on a blind listen would have no clue done on an ipad. Thanks for putting mine in there too.

• Nice Job, cool Show. Looking Forward to the next installment.

• Great job Doug. So good that you're doing this, I think, because I really enjoyed hearing the diversity of tracks and I'd agree with NoiseHorse in that it's inspired me to make better (and more) music.

Thanks again for featuring my track.

Looking forward to the next instalment.

• I dig it! I too am looking forward to the next installment

• Really great response, I already have enough new tracks for a new show

• You've got a good voice for radio Doug - and you do a good job of linking together a bunch of disparate stuff - John Peel like in that respect. It's why I like your app videos - a lot of people think they can do it but their results are usually unlistenable. I always enjoy yours though, 'whispering' Doug Soundtestroom...

• A very varied selection of music and wonderfully presented!

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks, it would be great to put loads if stuff in the video part, just no time to do that, so the titles and stuff will have to be in the description, sorry guys