Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad mini 3rd gen vs iPad air 2?

I have iPad air 1 and iPad mini 1st gen...trading them both in for either iPad mini 3rd gen or iPad Air 2...which is the best for recording music? How many gigs...both my iPads are 32gigs of which I never used 80%of...

Comments

• The iPad mini 3 is basically the same as the iPad mini 2 which is similar to the iPad Air you already have but with a smaller screen.

• Correct. No point in trading the Air 1 for a mini 3 unless you want the smaller screen. Also the Air 2 has a number of issues at present. Better sticking with the Air 1 for the time being.

• cool.. so stick w/32gigs or go up to 64?

• Air 1 has better performance than any mini. Most say there's almost no diff between air 1 and 2.

• And i think mini retina still comes with ios7 preinstalled

• @MusicInclusive said:

Correct. No point in trading the Air 1 for a mini 3 unless you want the smaller screen. Also the Air 2 has a number of issues at present. Better sticking with the Air 1 for the time being.

I runs really good for me,8.1.1 was another improvement that fixed the"scrollview bug"in Auria for example.I made a comparison today,my mini retina with ios 7.1.2 vs Air 2 with 8.1.1 and everthing on the Air 2 is smooth as butter and"snappier"than on my previous ipad.I'm quite happy with my purchase (and ios 8) now although i rarely use AB,i prefer IAA and i never open more than 2-3 plugins/apps at once before i start to freeze.I did it this way before and i continue to do so on the Air 2 to minimize problems.

• @Crabman my experiences with the iPad mini retina versus the iPad Air 2 are similar to yours. I haven't had any problem with the hardware at all.

• edited November 2014

I have to take back the comment about"scrollview bug fixed".Rim said that it's not really fixed with 8.1.1 but it does make his workarround...well...work :) look into the Auria forum if interested in more details :) But i never noticed this bug in another app app than Auria.Besides this the only Air 2 related issue i really had was that iOS did not release Ram properly sometimes.That was on 8.1,i have to do another stress test with Auria to see if it's stil present in 8.1.1.

But it's really a breeze to have more Ram available,the difference is huge (With Safari for example,no problems here).I just don't care that much anymore to force quit all apps that i don't use in a certain moment.

• Crabman is right about the RAM on the Air 2. It's double the RAM of the Air 1. Plus you get the A8 processor. One thing I thought I didn't need is the fingerprint scanner. But it's really nice to be able to access the iPad with the touch of a finger, rather than having to swipe it. :)