Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JAMUP and BIAS expansions on sale at 50% off.

That's all I got.

Comments

• I'm not seeing prices in the app expansion catalog, just dashes.

• That is a connection problem, restart your wireless connection

• What are people's favorite expansions?

• @johnfromberkeley said:

What are people's favorite expansions?

Of course, it depends on what style or genre you prefer—and whether you're using JamUp for guitar processing versus an effects tank for other apps.

Personally, my favorite is the Acoustic Expansion Pack, but be careful with this one. I own six different electrics with varying pickup configurations, and the Acoustic Pro Simulator doesn't operate consistently across them. That said, the results are more than convincing (read: near perfect) through one guitar in particular: Les Paul neck humbucker split as single coil. With this configuration, I swear I don't need a steel-string acoustic—it's that good.

My next favorite is the Vintage Effect Expansion Pack. I play a lot of Sabbath- and early Aerosmith-inspired rock, and the treble boost is a must-have. I'm also a sucker for the Voodoo Labs Vibe and Demeter Tremulator.

Honorable mentions go to the Metal Signature Pack and Gurus Amp Expansion Pack. The former is great when you want to get your djent on, and the latter has some surprisingly complex and chewy tones that make for a nice foundation.