Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

icm4+ & ableton push

hi all,
i have my ableton push and my behringer bcr2000 controller both connected to my active usb hub which is plugged into the host port of my icm4+. ableton is running and my displays on the push are telling me to "start ableton". the bcr2000 works just fine.
why is that?
i tried already with different usb cables, but do difference.
is this doable via the iconfig software?

there is no usb port left on my mac to plug push straight into it. one port is used for my audio interface, the other for the icm 4+....

thank you.

icm4+ firmware is updated
os x 10.9.5

Comments

• I think you'll find controllers like Push (and Novation, etc.) that require full access to the device over USB won't work "through" the iConnectMIDI devices no matter which port you plug them in to - because they are not using MIDI only to communicate.

I have the same problem with 2 Novation keyboards (no Automap), and NI Maschine is the same.

Gotta plug 'em in to a real port ...

• I thought Push was Ableton-only.

• thank you @ZenPunkHippy for the info.

@miguelmarcos
    push can be used as a midi controller when put in midi mode. same as NI maschine.

• Thanks, for the info.

• FWIW - if you're running out of USB ports ...

I recently purchased a Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock (+ the required cable, which is separate). It basically mirrors the ports available on my MBP. 3 x USB, 1 x FW, DisplayPort etc., which means I now have 3 additional USB ports available on the laptop and I can use USB 3.0 if required.

It's not cheap, and not designed to be portable, but it works really well.

• thanks of the hint @zph