Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IRig Pads Midi Controller

edited November 2014 in General App Discussion

Think about buying this one:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpads/
It seems to be perfect for mobile use and quick and easy set-up. Any experiences yet?

Comments

• No experience using it yet. But I'm also looking at this one. I do have the iRig keys (small version) for my mobile setup, which I like. And this seems like a nice addon/complement to it all. So I'm also interested in any user opinions. It is IKM, and if iRig Keys is anything to go by, this should be pretty decent.

• Hmm looks nice. Would go rather well with IMPC Pro I think...

• And why this rather than a launchpad using iPad mode?

• Because it is powered by ipad??

• @KlaatuNinja said:

Hmm looks nice. Would go rather well with IMPC Pro I think...

It does have multiple scenes that work out of the box with apps (as well as desktop applications) like that and others: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9040&p=48789

• edited November 2014

@ikmultimedia said:

@KlaatuNinja said:

Hmm looks nice. Would go rather well with IMPC Pro I think...

It does have multiple scenes that work out of the box with apps (as well as desktop applications) like that and others: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9040&p=48789

This looks very interesting. When using it with iMPC Pro do you know if the iRig Pad's slider is mapped to the Note Variation slider in iMPC Pro?

• Hmm...I like that you can browse and select other instrument banks. Is this unique only to the IK iRig Pads?

• I've been looking for some pads but wanted bus power. Considered the QuNexus but it's a bit pricey. Any word on the price?? And do the pads have a nice feel

• @ikmultimedia I would like a smaller pad controller like the steinberg cmc-pd for one-handed playing. Any chance for an irig pads mini?

• @KlaatuNinja said:

I've been looking for some pads but wanted bus power. Considered the QuNexus but it's a bit pricey. Any word on the price?? And do the pads have a nice feel

The Irig Pads is $149US. I've been trying to decide between the Quneo, MPC Element and iRig Pads. The Element is out because of the limited software support (only works with Akai software and does not have template storage capability). The Quneo, like the iRig has the ability to store up to 16 templates and comes pre-configured with templates for Ableton, Traktor, Ipad apps.(iMS-20 and Beatmaker) and has a nice editor with some advanced features. There is also an iMPC Pro template which Sinapsysa created which works great. No software is bundled with the Quneo however. The iRig Pads comes with a really nice bundle of apps. and it is also refreshing to see a developer active in this forum supporting their products.

• Quneo is an excellent controller. The amount of customization is insane. I highly recommend it.

• Sorry, I meant the Quneo. I already have a QuNexus...
    Ahh ok it looks more expensive than I thought. Will have to see how much this is in UK.

• edited November 2014

@otem_rellik said:

Quneo is an excellent controller. The amount of customization is insane. I highly recommend it.

I second that recommendation! I just got mine in the mail yesterday. It works great with the Ipad since they updated the firmware and added the Ipad mode. No extra cables or hubs are required. It comes with 16 templates and I loaded the iMPC Pro that Sinapsya created. Works great! I esp. like the iMS-20 preset:) I got an Open Box demo. from Guitar Center for $150.

• Dham what all are you able to control with the synapsya template in the impc pro?

I had the element, that thing was too heavy i returned it. it was heavier than my iPad 3 and it's wooden iPad case :(
    what do you think about the weight of the quneo?

• edited November 2014

@kobamoto, it controls just about everything the Element controls. (See attached template map). It is really light and thin too yet durable. It fits in the same compact messenger bag as my Ipad and Qunexus. You barely notice it.

• nice, yeah been looking for one on craigslist for a bit, they don't come up often.
    quneo and qunexus/k-board sound like the perfect mobile setup for me…. sigh

• I wish you could store more than 16 templates, 50 to 99 would be better, sure allot of people might not use that many but allot of people would considering how versatile the quneo is. I'd probably have a small series for every instrument I use on the iPad

• 16 templates is plenty for me. If it's not, you can still do 4 banks of pads/sliders in each preset.

• guess that's better than what I thought but still it's not like it's resource heavy or something to add more templates but thanks for the tip, makes me even more interested in getting one.

• @kobamoto said:

nice, yeah been looking for one on craigslist for a bit, they don't come up often.
    quneo and qunexus/k-board sound like the perfect mobile setup for me…. sigh

Guitar Center has quite a few used at great prices: http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

They will ship to a store in your area or directly to your house

• thanks for the tip

• hey dham was it possible to map the flux effect to the quneo?

• If anybody is interested in a great deal on iRig Pads, Guitar Center is having a one-day (today) only deal in-store for $99

• Hello, I have two questions for everyone. First, I'm not a musician, I dabble a bit here and there but I bought the irig pads so as to use it as an Emcee. I was hoping to put different sounds: such as a drumroll or a song I will play more than once and music for people coming to the stage etc... On different buttons on the pad. So far I have not found an app that does this and works with the irig pads.

Closest thing is the sampler in iMPC. But I don't think I can assign the samples to pad buttons, and if it's possible I don't know how.

Please let me know how to go about doing this. And if it doesn't exist yet, any app developers out there to help make this?

Second, I don't understand the programming of the irig pads on its own. Is there a manual for that? The videos I have found are not a full overview.

Thanks for any help!

S

• edited March 2015

• Hello @stuartpalm, you'll find help for programming the pads in the manual, which you can download from the IK Multimedia website (user area / my products).
    For what you are trying to do I would suggest Beat-Machine („Beat-Machine“ von Primitive Digital Software
    https://appsto.re/de/fPKjE.i). You can import own sounds easily and assign the pads to the IRig pads.

• Here's how to change the midi note numbers under settings in Beat-Machine: Choose pre-installed Scene 1 on the Irig pad and assign the midi note numbers as shown. Hope that'll help.

• edited March 2015

Thanks @DrChris. We are getting close. Looks like this connects and functions like I need. But is it possible to load my own songs on it? Such as from my iTunes library?

• Okay...@DrChris, this made my morning. I figured it out. This is looking like exactly what I wanted. Thanks so much!