Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Here's a list with bugs that are of relevance to iOS musicians.

If you're making music with iDevices you should know about the most important bugs that you might stumble across.

We've made a comprehensive list which includes workarounds, the time that we found them, ways to look up which apps aren't affected by them anymore and a way to get notified when they get fixed.

Here it is:
http://audiob.us/bugs

Comments

• That is great info and service. Thanks @Sebastian.

• +1 on this - it's up to us third-party developers to help you here.

• edited November 2014

Good move. Insert sound of clapping hands.

• Wow, that's great. Thanks very much for doing this,

• Fantastic. Thank you.

• I'm not an audio app developer, but I am an iOS developer. Anything we can do to help you on "IAA Error bug"?

• thanks for the list but jeez....the first one in the list sounds horrible.I ordered an Air 2 today and i'm afraid of my ears now.I work mostly with headphones and 2 years of iOS producing already brought me a tinitus ;) How often does this occur?What exactly is the mesurement mode?Does a lot of this make use of this mode?

• edited November 2014

The beep doesn't happen that often to me, I only get it in the moment when I chain certain fx together, ymmv

If u save the beeping chain close and reload it doesn't beep again
    I thought it was some kind of random internal feedbackloop, good they figured it out :)

• Does this appear if i open an IAA from Cubasis or Auria as well?

• edited November 2014

I don't think so, I only get it when there a two fx in a chain. Ymmv

• (Measurement mode was there to disable all the speech optimized audio processing in ios7)

• edited November 2014

I guess this also means non of this is fixed in 8.1.1 beta
    and won't be fixed with 8.1.1
    meh

• Thanks so much for doing this!!! It's very appreciated! I'll be watching with great interest!

• Wow! Thanks! Great! ........ OK, I admit it. I don't understand 90% of this. Is there anywhere that I can see which apps/app combos have which problem?

• Running iOS8, starting to see "cannot communicate with Audiobus" messages when starting up various apps like Droneo, Bucephalus, etc whenAB is not even runnung. Any clue?

• Same here. Wihen I open Samplr or iMini, without opening Audiobus, I get an Audiobus initialisation error and it says Audiobus will be disabled. I have Air 2 with iOS 8.1

• edited November 2014

I think the apps that were mentioned in the last few posts all need to be updated to a newer version of AB which is up to those developers to do. Not sure why the error message appears even when AB is not being used, that has to be an iOS 8 thing.

• Add TC-11 to this list. Would be nice to get confirmation from AB folks of the source of the problem!

• edited November 2014

@JC_vt

TC-11 is not working with AB2 etc because of a bug.

It needs to be updated by its developer Bit Shape to work with AB2/iOS 8. It hasn't been updated since March 2014 and it's not going to work with AB 2 until it's been updated. You are better off contacting Bit Shape about this because it has nothing to do with the AB folks.

• Any word from Apple on this stuff yet?

• Just got an Air2 and........... worst than iPad 2 as far as "issues" go.
    I could go into detail about all the issues I've had so far, but I don't want to bore anyone.

So what I'm hearing and seeing according to this thread (and what I'm experiencing since 8) is we ought to return to the old school way of doing things: CLIPBOARD.
    No?

• Any word from Apple on these bugs: 18793520 18510446 18778381 ?????????????

• I have been using mainly the Caustic app so I haven't seen any of these problems. Out of curiosity I opened up a few of my music apps and everything seems to be working fine. I am on 8.1.2 on an iPad Air 1. What apps are still having problems?

• I have several of my favorite music apps that no longer work with Audiobus 2.1.8, one is Novation Launchkey.. What happened? All apps used to work with Audiobus 1.

• Ummmm. Audiobus.... @anickt... because of IAA. And everything that uses it (or IAA). It won't affect every app or combination to the same degree and won't be as apparent on every iPad. But, that's the sad bottom $.

• Ifretless bass app playing up. ipad air 1 with ios 8.1.2. Anyone else getting bad latency with this atm?

• Are there any devs that know how to get measurement mode working? I really need to get it working with Jam Synth, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I turn it on in Audiobus and it also doesn't do anything. It seems to be working in amplitube however, because it is the only app that will pass audio through it without the awful high pass filter applied.

• any news on this?

• @dreamless, You may want to consider trying the development forum. Because of NDOs and such, some people are not able to speak about the topic. :-) It's good to see you around! I hope you are doing well! :-)

• edited February 2015

I still get the beep :/

bug
    Radar 18793520
    iOS 8.1.3

hello apple,

pretty please fix this
    now it's 5 months later and nothing happened