Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps crashing with AB when pressing tap to launch.

I just upgraded a couple of days ago so haven't used it much but a couple of times loading an app has caused the audio output to either mute or buzz. I thought Thesys was the cause but it's occuring with any app, tap loading or switching without Thesys loaded. I'm trying out various sync setups so don't know if that's the issue. Anyone else having issues with AB in ios8.1?

Comments

• I realize this is in the wrong section but it think it is an AB issue or ios8 issue, several times now when switching apps i've had the audio cut out all together and have had to close AB and a few times the audio stream has started buzzing and had to force close all the running apps. Once i had to do a soft reset.

I'm on ios8 and fear this may be the issue but is this typical on a iPad? A quick search suggests that ios8 is crashing. I've bot had any issues loading apps in GB though, only when i'm running stuff in AB and sending midi between apps. Cheers.

• In case you missed it earlier, there's a bug tracking database now.

http://audiob.us/bugs

What you're describing kind of sounds like the last entry, Audio session restore bug, but there is no mention of buzzing. If you don't find anything helpful there, and you know the steps to reproduce the problem, I suggest opening a ticket.

http://audiob.us/support

• Thanks! It mentions a sawtooth like tone which is what i should have said. Yeah that sounds like it, i had enabled measurement mode as well. I'll open a ticket, i didn't know what was going on or where to look for answers so appreciate the reply. Cheers!

• Sounds like the same I'm experiencing with Korg Module. Switch preset and the sawtooth blasts at full volume. Anybody else seen this problem occur with Module?

• @musikmachine said:
    I realize this is in the wrong section but it think it is an AB issue or ios8 issue, several times now when switching apps i've had the audio cut out all together and have had to close AB and a few times the audio stream has started buzzing and had to force close all the running apps. Once i had to do a soft reset.

I'm on ios8 and fear this may be the issue but is this typical on a iPad? A quick search suggests that ios8 is crashing. I've bot had any issues loading apps in GB though, only when i'm running stuff in AB and sending midi between apps. Cheers.

I'm also getting this bug quite a lot too. Sound cuts out or starts buzzing when switching apps in the audiobus chain (and sometimes independently of that) Then I have to quit and restart Audiobus.

• had last days the prob, if i open Presets from AB and tap the sleeping App to start, it switched to Safari and will open a website....
    sitting offline @nowhere, no Internet.....

• @obiwahnkentobi said:
    had last days the prob, if i open Presets from AB and tap the sleeping App to start, it switched to Safari and will open a website....
    sitting offline nowhere, no Internet.....

Are you saying that you're trying to do this while offline and you always end up in Safari instead of in the app of your choice?

• Which apps is that happening with?

Or is it on initial start up?

• The Korg app Module. At preset switch, not at AB startup.

• Would you be able to link the preset that is causing this?

• @Sebastian said:
    Are you saying that you're trying to do this while offline and you always end up in Safari instead of in the app of your choice?

YES, exact like this, after i had connect to www, it disapears,
    the sleeping App is starting now, not safari.....

• I think this is because the preset uses a specific version of the app and the developer has change the launch URL of the app in question in a new version. Now the preset does not recognize the new version of the app because the identifier for it has been changed. I suggest launching the same preset but only launching Module on your own in the background and adding it to the connection graph, then saving the preset again.