Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using Argon or Xenon? (iceWorks)

Hi all, I was wondering about these two apps and actually everything from iceWorks...

Argon is optimized for iPhone, does it mean the screen will be different on iPad? (I know it is compatible)
It looks like a nice synth with a sequencer in it etc...Does it have good sound?

Xenon looks nice too, reasonable price lots of instruments, (a mini DAW) but the only feedback I found was it had poor sound, hard to navigate etc...Is that true?
TIA

Comments

• Argon is nice. Cheap but the sound is good. It's a monophonic synth. It's not a Minimoog but it sounds good. It appears letterboxed on iPad.

Xenon is just passable. The interface is nearly identical to Argon. The sound is sub-par, maybe because the PCM samples are not that good-quality.

Both synths are a bit hard to navigate because there's to scroll through endless sections and pages (OSC1, OSC2, OSC3, Filter, Amp and others). Cassini is a little better.

• Thanx, that's what I thought...
    Got Argon though, it's nice:-)

• Yeah, agree with @bixnood - don't have Xenon but Argon is a nice cheap monophonic synth. I had it going through Vandelay or one of the other newer effects apps and thought it sounded great. That's the underrated thing about some of the "simpler" synth apps - you get a nice base sound to modify with other apps.

• You have to judge Xenon Groove with some perspective...in some way it wad like stone age of music apps. Recently it has included AB support, but obviously it can match apps like Caustic ( but better than Synthstation IMHO).

I play it sometimes just for fun. It has room to improve, the workflow already said...

Completely agree about Argon.

• Argon is a sleeper favorite, full sound, old school mono three osc synth, what's not to love? Has a bank of Sinevibe presets, along with a factory bank, works in IAA and AB. I have it on my iPad and phone, and it gets used a lot lately

• I agree with you Littlewoodg ,...it is so good and so cheap that it made me wonder....

And what's more, when i clicked on the link of factory Sinevibe presets i couldn't pass on Sequential Sinevibes sequencer for 0.99 cents...
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sequential-for-ipad/id797390075?ls=1&mt=8

Crazy...80% off

• Somehow missed/forgot that Argon was updated with IAA/AB. Thanks for this thread! Love that little synth. One of my first on iOS come to think of it.

• I have both, but like other responders I use Argon more - I like the simple graphic interface, too...I keep both around - they're kind of a set!