Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Gestrument / ScaleGen Bundle is on sale for $9.99 right now... an incredible value!

I'd been getting by with Gestrument LE, and when it went on sale, I checked the bundle price... and bought it!

Comments

• Thanks for the tip. Apparently I paid full pop for Gestrument (who can remember?). When I went to the app store, completing the bundle was free.

• I had had my eye on Gestrument but didn't want to make the leap without giving it a try. Gestrument LE might make me take advantage of the sale!

• @johnfromberkeley said:

I'd been getting by with Gestrument LE, and when it went on sale, I checked the bundle price... and bought it!

@johnfromberkeley how have you been using Gestrument LE? What are your plans for the full version?

• I mucked about a bit with the LE version but it falls to bits on my iPad2 after a tweak too far.

• edited October 2014

this

• ^ Dang. Thanks for posting.

• @monzo said:

I mucked about a bit with the LE version but it falls to bits on my iPad2 after a tweak too far.

Were you using the internal synth or just MIDI? I think the footprint is much smaller without the internal synth going.

• edited October 2014

Is it me, or does Gestrument apply pitchbend to all of the MID notes it outputs? I think/hope I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: The answer is yes, when you move from one note to another. I wonder if there is a way to turn it off, or if the bend is only triggered by overlapping notes...?

• edited November 2014

I'm not getting any pitch bend on my midi out with gestrument so it may be in your settings somewhere, however BS-16i does not like the midi coming from that app. The sound is all choppy and bs-16i crashes constantly. I've never had a problem with BS-16i receiving midi from any other app before.

• @papertiger: It applies pitchbend for microtones. If you have no microtones, it should just output pitchbend +/- 0 which should not affect your notes.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@papertiger: It applies pitchbend for microtones. If you have no microtones, it should just output pitchbend +/- 0 which should not affect your notes.

Thank you sir. I will double-check my settings. I thought I had disabled the little bastards.

Gave Gestrument a spin with my Virus and had lots of fun! Can't wait to dive further into it...